• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's what a Governor should sound like

TFred

I wish McDonnell had the guts to put something like this out.

TFred

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/18060/

Statement by Gov. Perry on President Obama’s Executive Actions
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 • Austin, Texas • Press Release

Gov. Rick Perry released the following statement regarding President Obama's executive actions:

"The Vice President's committee was appointed in response to the tragedy at Newtown, but very few of his recommendations have anything to do with what happened there.

"Guns require a finger to pull the trigger. The sad young man who did that in Newtown was clearly haunted by demons and no gun law could have saved the children in Sandy Hook Elementary from his terror.

"There is evil prowling in the world - it shows up in our movies, video games and online fascinations, and finds its way into vulnerable hearts and minds. As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice. Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help. Above all, let us pray for our children.

"In fact, the piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved those children, disgusts me, personally. The second amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president."

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The very people who are crying for something to be done, some hard restrictions or even confiscation, are the same (types of) people who created the climate and environment for all of this to grow into what we see today. It began in earnest over 50 years ago and now they are expecting us to sacrifice for their deliberate actions which foisted this monster on us in the first place. Not by accident, but by design.

Glockster

I was of course optimistic in coming to this thread....but thought that surely if it was a poke at our Gov., we'd be warmed to the sound of our AG who has publicly made and issued opinions about not being forced to enforce Federal laws (immigration, wasn't it?) and that this would just be one more of those. Hate to say it but this week Montana, Wyoming, Tennessee (probably missing some) are looking like good places to OC.

Old Virginia Joe

Here, here!

YES, well said, to all! They foisted this stupid new world thinking on society, aided, by their dumb___ allies, and now they want to even further take from us our liberty, to supposedly "correct" the messes they made. What a scam! Tails they win, heads we lose. Are we going to keep on letting them set the agenda to take us to TOTAL anarchy, or are we EVER going to snatch the rudder from their stupid hands and guide the ship back on the path of wisdom and discipline? God gave us free will, and look what a mess has been made of a once great country. Without enough people like Governor Perry, we are so screwed.

Bob1

The Obama administration was emboldened by a "landslide" 50.4% of the popular vote for a second term. And they learned well the Rahm Emanuel axiom, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

Chicago deserves him.

va_tazdad

The Obama administration was emboldened by a "landslide" 50.4% of the popular vote for a second term. And they learned well the Rahm Emanuel axiom, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

Chicago deserves him.

+ 1

Funny how they (Chicago) have had over 300 children murdered in the last 6 years by thug violence, but are only now "doing something about it".

Guess their anti-gun laws aren't working any better than the "Gun Free Zones" they have.

45acpForMe

<snip> The second amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president."

Well I like what he said but... the 2a isn't a right. The 2a was written to recognize and protect pre-existing rights given to us by "Nature's God".

I agree that no executive power should abridge that right but go further that no legislative or judicial power should abridge the same right! Repeal the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Acts of 1968 and 1986!!!!

TFred

Well I like what he said but... the 2a isn't a right. The 2a was written to recognize and protect pre-existing rights given to us by "Nature's God".

I agree that no executive power should abridge that right but go further that no legislative or judicial power should abridge the same right! Repeal the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Acts of 1968 and 1986!!!!
Yes, this is a common mistake. He should have said, "The second amendment to the Constitution protects the basic right of free people..."

TFred

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Sounds like a man that won't take no crap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Its nice rhetoric by Perry.

But, I well recall his commentary during the presidential debates. He's a plastic man. And, a statist.

I'll chalk this one up to Perry taking political advantage of Obama taking political advantage of Newtown. I'm betting Perry saw a political opportunity and decided to take it.

Last edited: