Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major update on Jan.19th Capital Rally

Major update on Jan.19th Capital Rally

I have pretty much everything in place.I just received a call from Clint Didier who will be attending also and will speak on 2A issues and where we are headed.Other speakers are Shiram Hadian ,Phil Watson of the SAF ,Dave Workman,Mark Knapp (attorney),sate representative Dave Taylor,and others.
    There will be a table for kids with prize bags , balloons and other patriotic goodies.there will other participants such as WA.guns ,south sound Patriots Constitution Party Garrette Loyde King and others that supported us last year.The program will open with Kerry Hooks singing the National Anthem ,the Pledge of allegiance and a veterans tribute and prayer.This is expected to be huge and KIRO has mentioned they were going to cover this event. Attendence could be thousands .

Jeff Hayes (orphan ) will head the security team which we still need some help with.
    As we are trying to present an extremley positive image I would ask that long guns be left at home.This is not about what we own ,but a show in mass of support for our 2nd amendment rights.State patrol has requested that if long guns are displayed that they be slung over the back ,muzzle down,no mags and bolt open.Security will also be verifying that this is the case and no one is handle ling weapons.
    Also dress appropriately please as it is a positive image of law abiding gun owners we are to portray.
    I would also ask help with sodas coffee and water .If folks could bring some coolers with this and m
    aybe pick up some of those coffee boxes from starbucks would be super.Pleas pm or e-mail me with anything you can help with.
    Last edited by DEROS72; 01-17-2013 at 05:23 PM.

I was planning on OCing my shotgun. I guess I'll just bring the G23.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike View Post
    I was planning on OCing my shotgun. I guess I'll just bring the G23.
    Your everyday carry side arm will be perfect.The media as I said will try to use anything to give us a bad image.

Clint's good people. I look forward to hearing him speak again.

Re: long guns, they are the very issue that caused me to fill a van with Americans who care about 2A. Men is suits and other nice clothing carrying only pistols could, in my mind, be misconstrued by the ungunned sheeple in america as passive support for restrictions on our Right to keep and bear all firearms. Thus, I will be bringing my own scary black rifle for that very reason. I do not support any restrictions on my Second Amendment protected Right to protect myself and my family AS I SEE FIT. Normal folks own them, we use them, and we expect the governments in Olympia and DC to leave them alone.

Thanks for organizing this room of cats! Lots of work but very important as well.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    Your everyday carry side arm will be perfect.The media as I said will try to use anything to give us a bad image.
    this couldn't be more true. what help is needed with the security?. I have no cooler, but can bring refreshments for sure.

I too could use some info regarding parking, etc. I've not done on of these events before.

Jeff Hayes (orphan ) will head the security team which we still need some help with.

I assume this is to enforce the tie, slacks, collared shirt only proviso. AKA/The Fashion Police.

Quote Originally Posted by skribs View Post
    I too could use some info regarding parking, etc. I've not done on of these events before.
    well assuming there will be a TON of people parking at the capitol will fill up FAST. there are a few places to park a few blocks from the campus.

if parking close is full, there is always downtown. just a short walk up capitol blvd. to the campus.

theres plenty of parking around capitol lake as well. again just a short walk around the lake to the switch-back that leads up to the campus

Quote Originally Posted by SGTapone View Post
    well assuming there will be a TON of people parking at the capitol will fill up FAST. there are a few places to park a few blocks from the campus.

if parking close is full, there is always downtown. just a short walk up capitol blvd. to the campus.

theres plenty of parking around capitol lake as well. again just a short walk around the lake to the switch-back that leads up to the campus
    Heritage park. on capitol lake has limited parking as well

Is tie, slacks, and all required?

I'm a younger gun owner and I don't own much in the way of formal wear.
    Last edited by skribs; 01-18-2013 at 11:27 AM.

I will be in nice jeans and a dress shirt. no tie, just my hawks hat.

Had me scared for a minute.

Re: Major update on Jan.19th Capital Rally

Wear something warm and comfortable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Wear something warm and comfortable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Bingo.

I thought this was to show that people from all over the spectrum carry and are against "gun control". So people in suits, to people in sweats, the guys wearing kilts even. We are all freedom loving citizens of all shapes, sizes, races, and dress codes.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 01-18-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Where and when are people meeting? I still haven't seen any hard times...

Was a joke, but they way some are talking around here, it almost seems like you might be turned away by "security" if your atire is not "proper."

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Was a joke, but they way some are talking around here, it almost seems like you might be turned away by "security" if your atire is not "proper."
    it just might not be a good idea to show up with a drop leg and full battle dress.

Quote Originally Posted by SGTapone View Post
    it just might not be a good idea to show up with a drop leg and full battle dress.
    My OC is a "drop leg" holster.

Blue jeans and a shirt+jacket/coat
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    My OC is a "drop leg" holster.

Blue jeans and a shirt+jacket/coat
    I, personally, don't see an issue with OCing a drop leg. It's just comfortable for some people. Everyone has their own style and preferences. I personally carry OWB on my right side with a 90 degree cant in a holster that for the small of the back. Sure I have other holsters, but I don't like them. I carry in a manner that is most comfortable for me. I suggest you do the same. Drop leg, shoulder rig, OWB, IWB, concealed or open... just carry the way that make you most comfortable.

Where and when are people meeting? I still haven't seen any hard times...
    http://www.facebook.com/events/528696253831789/

Saturday, January 19, 2013
    12:00pm until 4:00pm in PST

Guns Across America is a pro-gun, pro-2nd Amendment event that will be taking place on January 19th, 2013 in every state across the U.S.. Stand up to future gun legislation! NO NEW GUN LAWS!! Please come if you are a gun owner or concerned citizen who wishes to show support for your natural right to self defense and your 2nd Amendment right to own a firearm.

Here are the details:
    - 11:00 am meet up, rally will begin at noon
    - Location: Capitol building in Olympia, at the Tivoli Fountain - Street Address to Capital: 416 Sid Snyder Avenue SW Olympia, WA 98504
    - Bring a positive, appropriate pro-gun/pro-2A sign or two
    - Dress in business casual if at all possible, but please no camouflage or fatigues
    - This is to send a positive message to media and lawmakers, so please, no antics
    - Drink will be provided soda, water and coffee
    - Carry is permitted, we prefer handguns only, but it is up to your discretion - RESPONSIBLE CARRY ONLY
    - Handguns must remain holstered at all times
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Is tie, slacks, and all required? I'm a younger gun owner and I don't own much in the way of formal wear.
    there will always be exaggeration and sarcasm here. Take comments with a grain of salt mate and have fun.

I think I understand what Gogo and Orphan are saying about dress and other appearance. This weekend is not like last year. A great deal of media will be watching, what has become a Nationwide event. It's going to be like a job interview this time. I keep hearing us referred to as "hillbillys" coming out of the woodwork....."gun nut" (I like that one tho) and other things from anti weapon people. We will be on the news in forty seven States. The networks that are anti 2A will slant things the way they want, just like the pro2A will do otherwise. The eyes of America will be upon us and we should look good. Yes, I know a lot of you are pretty, but it will be presence and not appearance. Look friendly, smile a lot. Have a good time. We are the "new" normal.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Pre-Rally Breakfast

iHop
    3519 Martin Way E
    OLYMPIA, WA 98506-5049
    9am. Easy on/off I-5 and not deep into Mexican territory like the place on 101.
    I will be the guy with a gun.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Yeah I am going leave the AR at home, just the G29 it appears unless another holster shows up.

Planning on hitting cabela's afterwards for a bite.

I am on the fence about carrying my AR.

This is to address an attack on the long guns mostly but at the same time it's one more thing to carry..... I will bring my sign(s) and so far not planning to bring the AR but I am still thinking about it. Maybe take the carrier assembly out and keep it in a pocket and close it up.

It's going to be freezing out, so I'm going to have a coat on, which means an OC sidearm won't be visible anyway. Makes me actually consider the long gun, if the point is to make a statement about lawful carriers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast