• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Major update on Jan.19th Capital Rally

DEROS72

I have pretty much everything in place.I just received a call from Clint Didier who will be attending also and will speak on 2A issues and where we are headed.Other speakers are Shiram Hadian ,Phil Watson of the SAF ,Dave Workman,Mark Knapp (attorney),sate representative Dave Taylor,and others.
There will be a table for kids with prize bags , balloons and other patriotic goodies.there will other participants such as WA.guns ,south sound Patriots Constitution Party Garrette Loyde King and others that supported us last year.The program will open with Kerry Hooks singing the National Anthem ,the Pledge of allegiance and a veterans tribute and prayer.This is expected to be huge and KIRO has mentioned they were going to cover this event. Attendence could be thousands .

Jeff Hayes (orphan ) will head the security team which we still need some help with.
As we are trying to present an extremley positive image I would ask that long guns be left at home.This is not about what we own ,but a show in mass of support for our 2nd amendment rights.State patrol has requested that if long guns are displayed that they be slung over the back ,muzzle down,no mags and bolt open.Security will also be verifying that this is the case and no one is handle ling weapons.
Also dress appropriately please as it is a positive image of law abiding gun owners we are to portray.
I would also ask help with sodas coffee and water .If folks could bring some coolers with this and m
aybe pick up some of those coffee boxes from starbucks would be super.Pleas pm or e-mail me with anything you can help with.

Last edited:

LarryM

Due to my big truck being in the shop, I looks like I will be able to attend this year. Is there a thread in here giving specifics about parking, actual location of the rally, etc? New to the forum so I may have missed it, so apologies in advance! Thanks!

OOPS! Never mind! Found it!

Last edited:

Freedom First

Clint's good people. I look forward to hearing him speak again.

Re: long guns, they are the very issue that caused me to fill a van with Americans who care about 2A. Men is suits and other nice clothing carrying only pistols could, in my mind, be misconstrued by the ungunned sheeple in america as passive support for restrictions on our Right to keep and bear all firearms. Thus, I will be bringing my own scary black rifle for that very reason. I do not support any restrictions on my Second Amendment protected Right to protect myself and my family AS I SEE FIT. Normal folks own them, we use them, and we expect the governments in Olympia and DC to leave them alone.

Thanks for organizing this room of cats! Lots of work but very important as well.

SGTapone

Your everyday carry side arm will be perfect.The media as I said will try to use anything to give us a bad image.

this couldn't be more true. what help is needed with the security?. I have no cooler, but can bring refreshments for sure.

SGTapone

I too could use some info regarding parking, etc. I've not done on of these events before.

well assuming there will be a TON of people parking at the capitol will fill up FAST. there are a few places to park a few blocks from the campus.

if parking close is full, there is always downtown. just a short walk up capitol blvd. to the campus.

theres plenty of parking around capitol lake as well. again just a short walk around the lake to the switch-back that leads up to the campus

SGTapone

well assuming there will be a TON of people parking at the capitol will fill up FAST. there are a few places to park a few blocks from the campus.

if parking close is full, there is always downtown. just a short walk up capitol blvd. to the campus.

theres plenty of parking around capitol lake as well. again just a short walk around the lake to the switch-back that leads up to the campus

Heritage park. on capitol lake has limited parking as well

skribs

Is tie, slacks, and all required?

I'm a younger gun owner and I don't own much in the way of formal wear.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Wear something warm and comfortable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Bingo.

I thought this was to show that people from all over the spectrum carry and are against "gun control". So people in suits, to people in sweats, the guys wearing kilts even. We are all freedom loving citizens of all shapes, sizes, races, and dress codes.

Last edited:

SGTapone

Was a joke, but they way some are talking around here, it almost seems like you might be turned away by "security" if your atire is not "proper."

it just might not be a good idea to show up with a drop leg and full battle dress.

Strike

My OC is a "drop leg" holster.

Blue jeans and a shirt+jacket/coat

I, personally, don't see an issue with OCing a drop leg. It's just comfortable for some people. Everyone has their own style and preferences. I personally carry OWB on my right side with a 90 degree cant in a holster that for the small of the back. Sure I have other holsters, but I don't like them. I carry in a manner that is most comfortable for me. I suggest you do the same. Drop leg, shoulder rig, OWB, IWB, concealed or open... just carry the way that make you most comfortable.