• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Major update on Jan.19th Capital Rally

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Where and when are people meeting? I still haven't seen any hard times...

http://www.facebook.com/events/528696253831789/

Saturday, January 19, 2013
12:00pm until 4:00pm in PST

Guns Across America is a pro-gun, pro-2nd Amendment event that will be taking place on January 19th, 2013 in every state across the U.S.. Stand up to future gun legislation! NO NEW GUN LAWS!! Please come if you are a gun owner or concerned citizen who wishes to show support for your natural right to self defense and your 2nd Amendment right to own a firearm.

Here are the details:
- 11:00 am meet up, rally will begin at noon
- Location: Capitol building in Olympia, at the Tivoli Fountain - Street Address to Capital: 416 Sid Snyder Avenue SW Olympia, WA 98504
- Bring a positive, appropriate pro-gun/pro-2A sign or two
- Dress in business casual if at all possible, but please no camouflage or fatigues
- This is to send a positive message to media and lawmakers, so please, no antics
- Drink will be provided soda, water and coffee
- Carry is permitted, we prefer handguns only, but it is up to your discretion - RESPONSIBLE CARRY ONLY
- Handguns must remain holstered at all times

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Is tie, slacks, and all required? I'm a younger gun owner and I don't own much in the way of formal wear.
there will always be exaggeration and sarcasm here. Take comments with a grain of salt mate and have fun.

I think I understand what Gogo and Orphan are saying about dress and other appearance. This weekend is not like last year. A great deal of media will be watching, what has become a Nationwide event. It's going to be like a job interview this time. I keep hearing us referred to as "hillbillys" coming out of the woodwork....."gun nut" (I like that one tho) and other things from anti weapon people. We will be on the news in forty seven States. The networks that are anti 2A will slant things the way they want, just like the pro2A will do otherwise. The eyes of America will be upon us and we should look good. Yes, I know a lot of you are pretty, but it will be presence and not appearance. Look friendly, smile a lot. Have a good time. We are the "new" normal.

badkarma

Pre-Rally Breakfast

iHop
3519 Martin Way E
OLYMPIA, WA 98506-5049
9am. Easy on/off I-5 and not deep into Mexican territory like the place on 101.
I will be the guy with a gun.

Freedom1Man

I am on the fence about carrying my AR.

This is to address an attack on the long guns mostly but at the same time it's one more thing to carry..... I will bring my sign(s) and so far not planning to bring the AR but I am still thinking about it. Maybe take the carrier assembly out and keep it in a pocket and close it up.

slugsgomoo

It's going to be freezing out, so I'm going to have a coat on, which means an OC sidearm won't be visible anyway. Makes me actually consider the long gun, if the point is to make a statement about lawful carriers.

DEROS72

Clint's good people. I look forward to hearing him speak again.

Re: long guns, they are the very issue that caused me to fill a van with Americans who care about 2A. Men is suits and other nice clothing carrying only pistols could, in my mind, be misconstrued by the ungunned sheeple in america as passive support for restrictions on our Right to keep and bear all firearms. Thus, I will be bringing my own scary black rifle for that very reason. I do not support any restrictions on my Second Amendment protected Right to protect myself and my family AS I SEE FIT. Normal folks own them, we use them, and we expect the governments in Olympia and DC to leave them alone.

Thanks for organizing this room of cats! Lots of work but very important as well.
As noted prior carry muzzle down ,unloaded and bolt open.

DEROS72

I assume this is to enforce the tie, slacks, collared shirt only proviso. AKA/The Fashion Police.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Nope to make sure no one is handling weapons,if long guns are carried they are to be carried as stated prior and to look for plants and agitators.

DEROS72

Bingo.

I thought this was to show that people from all over the spectrum carry and are against "gun control". So people in suits, to people in sweats, the guys wearing kilts even. We are all freedom loving citizens of all shapes, sizes, races, and dress codes.

Well said Rob.The only thing we are trying to convey is we are not the irresponsible lunes the media is making us out to be. I will be wearing Jeans and a army sweatshirt. The suit thing was in jest If you all remember I wore a suit last time and OC'ed and at the assault weapons ban hearings.

DEROS72

Radio

I was interviewed on KOMO radio and they have playing my sound bites all morning for this.So the media is already looking for something they can use. Thats why its about numbers and not showing off what guns you own.We all have them I will not bring mine as I don't want to carryit around all day. KOMO did play the sound bite where I said I encourage legally carried holstered sidearms.

Freedom First

Does anyone here really think that your choice of firearm will effect this event's treatment in the media? The AR/AK platform is EXACTLY what they will try to steal IF WE ALLOW THEM. So, make your choice with the mindset that they do not actually care what we do or say.

DEROS72

Also who in volunteering to bring some sodas and help supply the coffee.I get all these offers of help so thats one of the things we need.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Also who in volunteering to bring some sodas and help supply the coffee.I get all these offers of help so thats one of the things we need.

For those looking to help with the soda and coffee. You might try going into a local grocery store and talk to the manager about possibly supplying some supplies for the event. I believe Safeway is typically pretty good at helping out with free or discounted items, just a thought.

DEROS72

For those looking to help with the soda and coffee. You might try going into a local grocery store and talk to the manager about possibly supplying some supplies for the event. I believe Safeway is typically pretty good at helping out with free or discounted items, just a thought.

We had a company in Tacoma that knows what we are doing and just gave us the helium!

Safeway won't do that anymore.It was only the safeway by where I used to live and the manager that helped us was transferred.

Just recieved a call from KING 5 and they will be covering the rally.

Last edited:

LarryM

I assume this is to enforce the tie, slacks, collared shirt only proviso. AKA/The Fashion Police.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Sorry folks, but the Beemer is in the shop - and my Georgio Armani three-piece silk is in the cleaners - so I'll just have to settle for my Wrangler with the 6" lift and fat Hankook tires, blue jeans, sunday shirt and cowboy boots....

But since this is one of them 'speshul occasions, I'll even put my teeth in! :lol:

See you all in Olympia!

Grim_Night

Wish I could go but it seems that the new blackhawk serpa holster I bought for easier OC is being delivered tomorrow (I actually just got an email notification that my shipping had been upgraded to overnight shipping instead of being here next week... at no extra cost mind you but...) -_- and my current one sucks for OC in this weather as it is my shoulder holster...