• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What to do.....

Tucker6900

Hello from Iowa. I have been hearing and seeing all the news about your legislations midnight signing of the gun ban. I have been bothered by this pretty much non stop, as I am sure you all have as well. I see there is an attorney who is planning on fighting the law, and that is good to hear.

Have any of you contacted your county sheriffs to see what their plans are? What about local law enforcement? It would be nice to hear that there is more support than just an attorney.

You are all in my thoughts as we fight this fight together.

motoxmann

Have any of you contacted your county sheriffs to see what their plans are? What about local law enforcement? It would be nice to hear that there is more support than just an attorney.

this is a great question. I suggest all NY'ers do this, and please post the replies you get, I'm super curious as well

BobDobbs

i've spoken with locals, they said they could care less about enforcing it. The only caveat would be if they were there already for a crime, then it would be something they could tack on if applicable. Otherwise they feel enforcement of this puts them at undue risk. Common sense tells them that going after someones guns will not be easy or well accepted.

motoxmann

my brother in Rochester has spoken in person with several police officers as well, and he said all of them said the same thing: they absolutely refuse to enforce the law, unless another unrelated crime is committed and the criminal committing that crime is breaking the firearm law in addition to whatever other crime he was committing

davidmcbeth

Banned
my brother in Rochester has spoken in person with several police officers as well, and he said all of them said the same thing: they absolutely refuse to enforce the law, unless another unrelated crime is committed and the criminal committing that crime is breaking the firearm law in addition to whatever other crime he was committing

That's what they say NOW until they are told "do it or you're fired and lose that cushy cushy pension" then they'll be breaking down doors with vigor.

2a4all

You Must Organize

In Virginia, there exits an organization called Virginia Citizens Defense League (www.vcdl.org). It is an all-volunteer grass roots pro gun rights group whose members lobby our state and local politicians urging them to minimize restrictions of our 2A rights.

We mount campaigns to promote legislation to overturn existing gun control laws and establish new ones that favor the individual right to keep and bear arms. We lobby in person, by email and by telephone. We recruit new members at gun shows and through personal contacts.

We have been extremely successful, and our model has been copied in other states.

Many of our members post on this venue.

Your time to organize is now.

Freiheit417

Re-posting this link which was also posted in the Missouri forum:

New York Citizens Vow to Disobey Laws Violating 2nd Amendment

The protesters dwarfed a rally held by One Million Moms for Gun Control who were allowed to hold their event inside the capitol.

“If you read the Federalist Papers, the founders of the Constitution very clearly expressed their reasoning on why the Second Amendment was important,” Myles McKeone told the New York Daily News. “It was put in place to protect us from tyrannical government… It was very clear that this was the teeth of the Constitution.”

“Our governor has seen fit to try and restrict the rights we get by our Constitution,” Tracy Brundege told Newsmax. “We’re just not going to stand for it anymore.”

Stewart Rhodes of Oath Keepers traveled to the state. “This is the first place where they’ve had a law that’s actually passed in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, and so what happens here is going to happen all over the country if we don’t stop it,” he said.

Read more and see video: http://conservativevideos.com/2013/...o-obey-new-york-laws-violating-2nd-amendment/