• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scratch one dirtbag

MKEgal

That made me LOL. :lol:
Oops - wrong store...
1 stopped, 1 caught, 1 at large. One good guy hurt, apparently not seriously.

I feel sorry for the pharmacist having to live with killing someone, but the thug came into the store shooting. What else was the LAC supposed to do, stand there & die?

Last edited:

bob888

I feel sorry for the pharmacist having to live with killing someone, but the thug came into the store shooting. What else was the LAC supposed to do, stand there & die?

The only people sorry are the perps, and as such they are sorry they got caught.

As for the pharmacist, he normally dispenses medicine. For the thugs, he dispensed a much harsher prescription: justice.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Not much to go on, but do notice that three .45 acps and the deceased was still able to flee "about a block."

Of course, the three .45 acps did their job by stopping the attack and turning it into flight, but I'd be a little more confident if the robber dropped where he stood.

Also, the defensive shooter was somewhat skilled, so you have to wonder how well a less skilled defender might have done with regard to shot placement, or how many shots it might have taken to achieve the same result.

Food for thought.

Glad the good guy prevailed and saved his mom.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
firing a .45 caliber Smith & Wesson pistol at Lee and his mother, Sophie. Lee, an Army veteran, returned fire with a 1911-model Colt .45.
Frazier said Bailey shot six or seven times,

A S&W .45 that holds 7 rounds? Do not know of a model in .45Colt or .45acp that goes past six.

N-frames are big to begin with. Adding another chamber to the cylinder would make it humongous.

Lee fired five back, mortally wounding Bailey and also apparently shooting Bailey's fellow Dogpound gang member Jonte Harris, 27, twice in the leg.

Location, location, location.

It's hard to hit center mass squarely in the center when the target is moving. Make enough holes, though, and enough fluid seeps out to eventiually stop the threat.

Anybody who says, let alone thinks, that Mr. Lee was aiming at the second BG's legs is an -- well, my mom said I was not supposed to call people those names.

Comments are somewhat surprising in that they are almost all favorable and supportive of Mr. Lee. Did not expect to see that out of California, and especially not out of Fresno. Maybe the folks there are getting fed up with criminals?

stay safe.

BillHoo

I'm only guessing that Mr. Lee is Korean.

If that is the case, considering the happenings during the 1992 LA Riots, I would press charges as a hate crime too.

Why else rob the store with guns blazing for cough syrup?

UPDATE: Found a site with video included. Yes. the pharmacists were Korean. It's also being described as an attempted assasination/execution. They wanted to kill them, then take everything at leisure.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=8948286

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm only guessing that Mr. Lee is Korean.

If that is the case, considering the happenings during the 1992 LA Riots, I would press charges as a hate crime too.

Why else rob the store with guns blazing for cough syrup?

UPDATE: Found a site with video included. Yes. the pharmacists were Korean. It's also being described as an attempted assasination/execution. They wanted to kill them, then take everything at leisure.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=8948286

Oh, my. Look at that. The dead attacker was a felon in possession. Yep. Another example of gun laws not working.

eye95

Gun laws work. They accomplish exactly what they are designed to do: Make it hard for most citizens to carry, to discourage them from owning or carrying, because those in charge want an armed populace no more than King George did.

Don't go unarmed tonight,
Well, he’s bound to take your life,
There's a bad man on the right.

motoxmann

Not much to go on, but do notice that three .45 acps and the deceased was still able to flee "about a block."

Of course, the three .45 acps did their job by stopping the attack and turning it into flight, but I'd be a little more confident if the robber dropped where he stood.

Also, the defensive shooter was somewhat skilled, so you have to wonder how well a less skilled defender might have done with regard to shot placement, or how many shots it might have taken to achieve the same result.

Food for thought.

Glad the good guy prevailed and saved his mom.

THIS.
is just one more piece of evidence on how rediculously stupid a magazine capacity law would be