• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox 23 – State Lawmakers say NO to Federal Gun Laws

Randy P

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/sto...-Firearms-Freedom/w9J1ByTZ8EKbsriS9nIJog.cspx

There are 15 bill authors for a measure named the Oklahoma Firearms Freedom Act.

House Bill 2021 would assert the Second Amendment rights of Oklahomans by exempting guns or ammunition made in the state from federal regulations. The bill specifies that to qualify for the exemption the guns must be clearly marked as “Made in Oklahoma” and kept within state boundaries.

In 2010, the legislation was introduced as Senate Bill 1685, but was vetoed by then Gov. Brad Henry after passing in both the House and Senate.

“It doesn’t seem to matter how many times the U.S. Supreme Court upholds up our Second Amendment rights,” said Roberts, R-Hominy. “Anti-gun activists continue to seek to restrict lawful gun rights. This bill is meant to address potential federal gun control actions and regulations. I consider the legislation a states’ right bill.”

State Rep. John Bennett, a second bill author, said the bill is intended to fight off the overreach of the federal government into our state.

“I am a huge supporter of our Second Amendment rights, a certified firearms instructor with the NRA, CLEET and the U.S. Marine Corps, and a sports shooter and hunter. The bill will be the same language as Senate Bill 1685, by former Senator Randy Brogdon, in 2009. It will give Oklahomans greater protection for their right to keep and bear arms. A majority of my constituents have overwhelmingly voiced their fears of gun control by the Obama Administration and I promised I would fight to protect their constitutional rights. I will do everything in my power to ensure our constitutional rights are protected from an administration that has shown that they do not care about the rights of “We the People,” said Bennett, R-Sallisaw.

The bill’s authors are Roberts, Bennett and state Reps. Mike Ritze, Josh Cockroft, Jadine Nollan, Arthur Hulbert, Mike Reynolds, Jason Murphey, Sally Kern, Lewis Moore, Mike Sanders, Mike Turner, Tom Newell, Dan Fisher and David Brumbaugh.