• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ky OC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDustin

I've been lurking here for several years now but just now registered, so first post and I'm sorry it’s a rule bender lol.

Ok I did read the rules about asking about long gun related open carry. I understand about the muzzle and trigger coverage and I completely agree. My question though is not about the daily carry of long guns its just about during the upcoming protest so I'm hoping you can make an exception.

During the State Capitol 2nd Amendment rallies on the 19th and 8th a lot of us are planning to Open Carry our handguns and carry long guns slung on our backs w/chamber flags to protest the AWB and mag bans. Is long gun open carry legal in Kentucky? I only moved here from VA 2 years ago so I'm still not totally familiar with the laws. I was told yes and I know it was done during Tea Party rallies here but I want to double check.

Thanks in advance

ps1mhd

Why not? A firearm is a firearm.
Nothing in Ky law.
Why the flag? Use a 30 rounder; better yet a 100 round drum:banana:
Your handgun is going to be loaded right?
What part of ky do you live in?

Mike

DDustin

You may get better results posting in states under KY.

For some reason I thought I had... lol Weird.

I dont want to carry a drum because something that large might give the media ammo. Carrying the rifle and mags have enough shock value to get the medias attention but a huge Cmag would give them too much shock value to use against us.

I wanted to use a chamber flag to visually illistrate that gun owners are safety minded.

Does anyone know where I could find some KY law to print up and show any ****-ish police officers.

Last edited by a moderator:

ps1mhd

Does anyone know where I could find some KY law to print up and show any ****-ish police officers.

check the links at the top of the Ky section.
also found this for GAA
SOME HELPFUL TIPS FOR THE EVENT SATURDAY:

1. Dress nice to convey a good image.

2. Bring signs. Make sure they are spelled correctly and not profane or offensive in any way. Think of your favorite Second Amendment quote or a well researched pro-gun fact.

3. Do not bring rifles or other long guns. It will not help our cause. If you carry a firearm make sure you have the proper permit to legally do so. Officers may be present and they may be checking permits. If they ask to see your permit please comply. They have a job to do just like you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DDustin

check the links at the top of the Ky section.
also found this for GAA
SOME HELPFUL TIPS FOR THE EVENT SATURDAY:

1. Dress nice to convey a good image.

2. Bring signs. Make sure they are spelled correctly and not profane or offensive in any way. Think of your favorite Second Amendment quote or a well researched pro-gun fact.

3. Do not bring rifles or other long guns. It will not help our cause. If you carry a firearm make sure you have the proper permit to legally do so. Officers may be present and they may be checking permits. If they ask to see your permit please comply. They have a job to do just like you.

I did see that. I'm going to be wearing a suit and a tie and I went ahead and bought 2nd amendment flags. Me and most of the people I've spoken with that are going dont agree with what that said about long guns and the actual site said its up to you if you want to bring rifles or not as long as its legal in your area.

I think where they are coming from with that is that a bunch of gear ***** or super red neck type guys with rifles would look bad. In the beginning people were talking about coming all tac'ed out, which seems like a bad idea. For the Tea Party protests though well dressed people with rifles that didnt fit their stereotypes worked out really well. In fact I know of quite a few of my more uninformed former classmates that went out and bought ARs and got CCWs just because of those rallies. Done correctly this has a great affect.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've been lurking here for several years now but just now registered, so first post and I'm sorry it’s a rule bender lol.

Ok I did read the rules about asking about long gun related open carry. I understand about the muzzle and trigger coverage and I completely agree. My question though is not about the daily carry of long guns its just about during the upcoming protest so I'm hoping you can make an exception.

During the State Capitol 2nd Amendment rallies on the 19th and 8th a lot of us are planning to Open Carry our handguns and carry long guns slung on our backs w/chamber flags to protest the AWB and mag bans. Is long gun open carry legal in Kentucky? I only moved here from VA 2 years ago so I'm still not totally familiar with the laws. I was told yes and I know it was done during Tea Party rallies here but I want to double check.

Thanks in advance

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.