Thread: NY cops are not exempt from the new ban. Oooops

NY cops are not exempt from the new ban. Oooops

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/1...ity-magazines/

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8958116

Update: High-capacity magazines may not be the only loophole that’s snared New York police. According to one lawmaker, cops might be technically be banned from carrying on school grounds too.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A troubling oversight has been found within New York State's sweeping new gun laws.

The ban on having high-capacity magazines, as it's written, would also include law enforcement officers.

Magazines with more than seven rounds will be illegal under the new law when that part takes effect in March.
    Last edited by zack991; 01-18-2013 at 05:44 AM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Aw...

Aw...

A...

A...

The harder I try to feel sorry for them the more difficult it gets.

What was it Shakespear(e) said about engineers (folks who played with esplodey stuff) being hoist by their own petard (a type of esplodey thing)?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

There is no such thing as a "oversight" where liberals are concerned. Once you accept the fact that liberals lie about who they are and what they want, then discussions with liberals becomes enjoyable. Discussions with liberals is like discussions with a three year old, long on emotion and short on intellect.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    State Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"

OH, the police should have as much ammo as criminals but not us.

This idiot former cop provides a good reason why the law hurts citizens.

He already has given more ammo to criminals ... dumbass.

Any and all gun control measures should be prohibited from granting exceptions to government and its agents.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    There is no such thing as a "oversight" where liberals are concerned. Once you accept the fact that liberals lie about who they are and what they want, then discussions with liberals becomes enjoyable. Discussions with liberals is like discussions with a three year old, long on emotion and short on intellect.
    Why you have to go insult 3 year olds?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)