Thread: [Chicago] Alderman Suggests Requiring GPS Devices On All Guns

White Oak Plantation

[Chicago] Alderman Suggests Requiring GPS Devices On All Guns

CHICAGO (CBS) – A South Side alderman is asking for City Council hearings on an unorthodox gun control measure that would allow for GPS tracking of firearms.

WBBM Newsradio Political Editor Craig Dellimore reports Ald. Willie Cochran (20th), a former police officer, has suggested that global positioning system chips be embedded in new guns, and retrofitted on existing firearms, so they could be located if they go missing.
    Reasonable? It depends upon who you ask. Without forced registration of currently owned firearms this will be a impossible to implement. The logical path to retrofit existing guns is a house to house search to ensure compliance with a law of this type.

What do the FUDs have to say?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland
    In Chicago, the ONLY people who can legally carry are police and Aldermen.

Yes, that's right. Chicago Aldermen have written into law an exemption for themselves, so tha tthey can carry concealed--and it's been that way for YEARS in Chicago.

Different rules for different "classes" of people.

Chicago is not a "city"--it is an organized criminal enterprise, run by a cadre of mafioso, who are keeping their entire population "on the plantation" through extortion, disarmament, and thuggery.

And their mayor is the son of an international terrorist, who has dual citizenship and is an officer in the military of a foreign nation.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Only if I can have a nuke to power it.

How to they plan on keeping it charged? Magic?