• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[Chicago] Alderman Suggests Requiring GPS Devices On All Guns

OC for ME

CHICAGO (CBS) – A South Side alderman is asking for City Council hearings on an unorthodox gun control measure that would allow for GPS tracking of firearms.

WBBM Newsradio Political Editor Craig Dellimore reports Ald. Willie Cochran (20th), a former police officer, has suggested that global positioning system chips be embedded in new guns, and retrofitted on existing firearms, so they could be located if they go missing.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/17/alderman-suggests-requiring-gps-devices-on-all-guns/
Reasonable? It depends upon who you ask. Without forced registration of currently owned firearms this will be a impossible to implement. The logical path to retrofit existing guns is a house to house search to ensure compliance with a law of this type.

What do the FUDs have to say?

Dreamer

In Chicago, the ONLY people who can legally carry are police and Aldermen.

Yes, that's right. Chicago Aldermen have written into law an exemption for themselves, so tha tthey can carry concealed--and it's been that way for YEARS in Chicago.

Different rules for different "classes" of people.

Chicago is not a "city"--it is an organized criminal enterprise, run by a cadre of mafioso, who are keeping their entire population "on the plantation" through extortion, disarmament, and thuggery.

And their mayor is the son of an international terrorist, who has dual citizenship and is an officer in the military of a foreign nation.

sharkey

Only if I can have a nuke to power it. :p

How to they plan on keeping it charged? Magic?