Thread: Christie: NRA Ad on Obama Daughters ‘Reprehensible’

Christie: NRA Ad on Obama Daughters ‘Reprehensible’

The Republican governor and father of four said at a briefing Thursday in Trenton that the children of public figures should be off-limits to political attacks.

Christie again refused to take a position on Obama’s call for a federal assault weapons ban. The governor says he has no influence over what Congress and the president decide.

Christie has said he supports New Jersey’s current gun laws. They include an assault weapons ban in place for 21 years.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...sible/#respond
    I have little respect for Christie at this point. He is merely positioning NJ to receive more money from the feds. Christie is ignoring the point, or is not capable of recognizing the point, of the NRA ad. The NRA is not attacking Obama's kids, obviously, the NRA is attacking the hipocracy of Obama's anti-liberty stance. We know that this NRA ad is effective because the liberals are apoplectic over the ad.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

IMHO....Christie is trying to position himself for POTUS run in 2016....either as a Dem or Repub. He has a better chance as a Dem. On a great day, he's a liberal RHINO.

He fails to realize, even without the Secret Service being there, they still have security personnel in the school. His argument is void.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Banned
    anybody really care about what this fatass says?

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Absolutely NOT!

I stopped caring about the "liberal's" point of view long ago, because it is based on nothing but lies and deceit! And, I guarantee you will never find any logic in anything a liberal has to say!

He can claim he is a Republican or whatever else, but he is just there to add to the illusion of the two-party system. He is a liberal actor that is playing a game. Has anyone wondered why he has been receiving so much attention lately?

They are conditioning us into accepting him and his views so that he will be our next president. They should know the next president will be a Republican, and they are wanting him to be the man.

It is all an illusion -- politics that is.

Just another brainwashed idiot spouting off to the "national" media.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 01-18-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Strange, is it not, that it is perfectly OK for the Moonbat Messiah to use other people's children to further his nefarious agenda, but it is not alright for anyone to reference his children to expose the utter hypocrisy of his rhetoric and his actions?
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    +1 you forgot lying though~lying fatass!
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Strange, is it not, that it is perfectly OK for the Moonbat Messiah to use other people's children to further his nefarious agenda, but it is not alright for anyone to reference his children to expose the utter hypocrisy of his rhetoric and his actions?
    The problem is the moonbat media will not report it...
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Angry

Folks, we in the OC community spent a boatload of effort reprimanding the Manassas City Police Department for calling us gun nuts and assclowns and other derogatory terms.

We deride the antis for calling us gun nuts and the like.

So WTF makes it okay for us to deride others in the EXACT SAME WAY?

We have the high ground; we have the logical arguments; we have the facts. We do not need to lower ourselves to their levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Folks, we in the OC community spent a boatload of effort reprimanding the Manassas City Police Department for calling us gun nuts and assclowns and other derogatory terms.

We have the high ground; we have the logical arguments; we have the facts. We do not need to lower ourselves to their levels.
    Thanks for reminding us of those truths Tess.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

President Obama has called for more security at schools.

Christie 2016?--possible.

The Republican base won't like him, but who gives a crapola. Christie is likely the best RINO, considering the sad state of affairs on the Republican side.

It seems as though we are moving from one crisis to another; when President Obama doesn't call for an all-out ban of firearms, the next crisis is that President Obama is not telling the truth, and will push for an all-out ban on firearms.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post

It would be nice if some of "us" in the OC community would use the word "some" more often.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Christie used to be a Federal Attorney and during his career there was opposed to almost anything the NRA did or anything gun rights.

He has a LONG history of being anti gun rights and he fought many times at the federal level against gun rights.
    Christie, that damn Republican!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Actually, IIRC what occurred was:

1. NRA calls for armed security at schools
    2. Anti-Gun organizations, the media, politicians, and Obama thought that the idea was crazy etc.
    3. Obama calls for armed security at schools
    4. Anti-Gun organizations, the media, politicians, and Obama thought that the idea was the bestest idea ever etc.

the next crisis is that President Obama is not telling the truth, and will push for an all-out ban on firearms.
    Nope. He'll do like he did today: call for a ban on any guns/magazines/accessories that HE believes are not useful for "hunting and sporting purposes".

Close, though.

Only after his clear hypocrisy was pointed out with the armed guards protecting his children at school.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Only after his clear hypocrisy was pointed out with the armed guards protecting his children at school.
    I know you don't believe that.