Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl DUI checkpoint?

Superbowl DUI checkpoint?

I know it's early but I am willing to bet there will be DUI checkpoint(s) in town on Superbowl Sunday evening. I just want to gauge who can go out there and warn drivers. Lets all support the 4th Amendment as well as the 2nd and 1st Amendments.

There's no such thing as a checkpoint. Police have no authority to check anything.

Vegas? I'm thinking Sparks P.D. might cancel theirs, as they cancelled their December roadblock.

If you are going to make signs, make something luminescent. None of the home-made signs (or even the thug roadblock signs) can be read from a respectable distance, until the headlights are right on them.

Also, I was thinking of better wording. GANG ACTIVITY AHEAD: TURN RIGHT NOW! Then, for the people who missed the turn.... WINDOWS UP/DOORS LOCKED. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS!
    Last edited by Yard Sale; 01-18-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Then, for the people who missed the turn.... WINDOWS UP/DOORS LOCKED. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS!
    how do you mean? I didn't know that was an option without getting arrested.

Founder's Club Member
    There's no such thing as a checkpoint. Police have no authority to check anything.

Vegas? I'm thinking Sparks P.D. might cancel theirs, as they cancelled their December roadblock.

If you are going to make signs, make something luminescent. None of the home-made signs (or even the thug roadblock signs) can be read from a respectable distance, until the headlights are right on them.

Also, I was thinking of better wording. GANG ACTIVITY AHEAD: TURN RIGHT NOW! Then, for the people who missed the turn.... WINDOWS UP/DOORS LOCKED. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS!
    Priceless!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyray9 View Post
    What is the "that" you are talking about? Trying to turn, windows up, doors locked, or refusing to answer questions?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyray9
    It's called the Fourth Amendment, or from the other direction "Reasonable Articulable Suspicion of a crime".
    You have a 4A right to protection from unwarranted searches & seizures, as well as the right to remain silent.
    The police must have RAS in order to detain you (make you feel like you're not free to leave a situation).
    Last edited by MKEgal; 01-18-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Centurion

My thought as to sign one: "ARMED GANG ACTIVITY AHEAD: TURN NOW!"

Safety First: WINDOWS UP, DOORS LOCKED. DON'T ANSWER QUESTIONS!"
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 01-18-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: 2nd sign
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    The police must have RAS in order to detain you
    No they don't, which is part of why some of us dislike these roadblocks so much.

If you are going to make signs, make something luminescent.
    Suggestion:

http://www.amazon.com/Incom-RE181-24...bxgy_hi_text_z

(Randomly chosen from the wide variety of "reflective tape" hits on Google.)

I found a site that will make actual aluminum highway signs but I don't think they are reflective enough and at three pounds that's a lot to carry for hours. (It's illegal to set up a sign on the ground.) Trying to find a place that uses that mesh fabric for signs. And the same vests the roadblockers have.

On my way to work and do not have a cite right now but I have done much work on roadblock research and have read a statute making "unauthorized road or directive signs" illegal,
    I would refrain from the "TURN NOW" on the signs. If we have one in Vegas I will go and bring a handful of signs.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    On my way to work and do not have a cite right now but I have done much work on roadblock research and have read a statute making "unauthorized road or directive signs" illegal,
    I would refrain from the "TURN NOW" on the signs. If we have one in Vegas I will go and bring a handful of signs.
    So a large reflective arrow with "THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS" would be ill advised? How about "ABANDON ALL HOPE, THOSE WHO ENTER HERE!"
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 01-21-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    So a large reflective arrow with "THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS" would be ill advised? How about "ABANDON ALL HOPE, THOSE WHO ENTER HERE!"
    I do not want to alter someones actions on a judgement call, I was throwing out a scenario... I like the "ABANDON" sign!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Red reflective tape:
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    COPS!

Green reflective tape:

EXIT! ---->

Corrupt cops
    ahead
    exit now
    --------->

highway
    bandits
    ahead
    exit now
    --------->

body cavity
    searches
    ahead
    exit now
    --------->

false arrest
    ahead
    exit now
    --------->

violent gang
    ahead
    exit now
    --------->

Founder's Club Member
    Anti-gunners
    Proceed to the
    Orange Cones
    ^
    l
    l
    l
    And, waive all Rights.

Last edited by Citizen; 01-21-2013 at 08:18 PM.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    "if you're sober enough to read this

you don't need to go through the

checkpoint ahead"

http://www.ktvn.com/story/20935062/l...ighways-sunday

Notice they included a picture of a "SOBRIETY CHECK POINT" road sign but the article does not mention such a thing. Guess why not? I could not find the original press release, maybe NHP/DPS hasn't posted it yet.

Fair warning: the OTS sets a quota of 2 seizures per hour per officer for the saturation patrols

Here is the one for the southern end

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/20891...er-bowl-sunday

Interesting that they are shutting them down up north and continuing with business as ususual down south. There is documentation that both have a practice of setting up and operating the roadblocks improperly, thus depriving motorists of their 4A rights. There is documentation that both have a practice of prolonging the detention of motorists who decline searches and/or decline questioning, thus depriving them of their 4A rights. There is documentation that both have a practice of maliciously prosecuting motorists for DUI, in violation of their 4A and 14A rights. There is documentation that both have maliciously prosecuted DUI arrestees for obstructing when those DUI arrestees were shown to have no alcohol in their systems.

Why did NorNev throw in the towel and why is SoNev continuing with this practice which will surely cost them in the long run?

Interesting that they are shutting them down up north and continuing with business as ususual down south. There is documentation that both have a practice of setting up and operating the roadblocks improperly, thus depriving motorists of their 4A rights. There is documentation that both have a practice of prolonging the detention of motorists who decline searches and/or decline questioning, thus depriving them of their 4A rights. There is documentation that both have a practice of maliciously prosecuting motorists for DUI, in violation of their 4A and 14A rights. There is documentation that both have maliciously prosecuted DUI arrestees for obstructing when those DUI arrestees were shown to have no alcohol in their systems.

Why did NorNev throw in the towel and why is SoNev continuing with this practice which will surely cost them in the long run?
    After a little thought... I was wondering if it is because the southern end does not know that they are not even standing in the checkpoint area. I let the northern people know that. we should keep an eye on legislature to see if they will try to fix the boo boo they passed last session.
    Last edited by DON`T TREAD ON ME; 02-01-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    Trying to find a place that uses that mesh fabric for signs.
    And the same vests the roadblockers have.
    If you want to make your own, get the mesh fabric from a fabric store (Hancock, JoAnn...)
    The silver reflective fabric isn't all that hard to find, if you want to order a roll, or I have a roll of (IIRC) 2" wide I could sell from.
    Use 2" on the vests, cut it in half to have 1" wide letters on your signs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Flamingo/Decatur

Just came across this article too. I live in the Cent. Hills area so this infringement zone, so far, seems to be the closest one to my place. I gotta work early in the morning so I will be at this one for a bit.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/16641...er-bowl-sunday

it is closer to me as well

How about a sign that reads "CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS FREE ZONE AHEAD", or "KISS YOUR RIGHTS GOODBYE ZONE AHEAD".

Or this:

Tyranny ^

Liberty >

OC while holding these signs of course.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast