• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Superbowl DUI checkpoint?

franco0341

I know it's early but I am willing to bet there will be DUI checkpoint(s) in town on Superbowl Sunday evening. I just want to gauge who can go out there and warn drivers. Lets all support the 4th Amendment as well as the 2nd and 1st Amendments.

Yard Sale

There's no such thing as a checkpoint. Police have no authority to check anything.

Vegas? I'm thinking Sparks P.D. might cancel theirs, as they cancelled their December roadblock. :)

If you are going to make signs, make something luminescent. None of the home-made signs (or even the thug roadblock signs) can be read from a respectable distance, until the headlights are right on them.

Also, I was thinking of better wording. GANG ACTIVITY AHEAD: TURN RIGHT NOW! Then, for the people who missed the turn.... WINDOWS UP/DOORS LOCKED. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS!

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
There's no such thing as a checkpoint. Police have no authority to check anything.

Vegas? I'm thinking Sparks P.D. might cancel theirs, as they cancelled their December roadblock. :)

If you are going to make signs, make something luminescent. None of the home-made signs (or even the thug roadblock signs) can be read from a respectable distance, until the headlights are right on them.

Also, I was thinking of better wording. GANG ACTIVITY AHEAD: TURN RIGHT NOW! Then, for the people who missed the turn.... WINDOWS UP/DOORS LOCKED. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS!

Priceless!

MKEgal

rickyray9 said:
how do you mean? I didn't know that was an option without getting arrested.
It's called the Fourth Amendment, or from the other direction "Reasonable Articulable Suspicion of a crime".
You have a 4A right to protection from unwarranted searches & seizures, as well as the right to remain silent.
The police must have RAS in order to detain you (make you feel like you're not free to leave a situation).

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion

My thought as to sign one: "ARMED GANG ACTIVITY AHEAD: TURN NOW!"

Safety First: WINDOWS UP, DOORS LOCKED. DON'T ANSWER QUESTIONS!"

Last edited:

Yard Sale

I found a site that will make actual aluminum highway signs but I don't think they are reflective enough and at three pounds that's a lot to carry for hours. (It's illegal to set up a sign on the ground.) Trying to find a place that uses that mesh fabric for signs. And the same vests the roadblockers have.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

On my way to work and do not have a cite right now but I have done much work on roadblock research and have read a statute making "unauthorized road or directive signs" illegal,
I would refrain from the "TURN NOW" on the signs. If we have one in Vegas I will go and bring a handful of signs.

JoeSparky

Centurion
On my way to work and do not have a cite right now but I have done much work on roadblock research and have read a statute making "unauthorized road or directive signs" illegal,
I would refrain from the "TURN NOW" on the signs. If we have one in Vegas I will go and bring a handful of signs.

So a large reflective arrow with "THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS" would be ill advised? How about "ABANDON ALL HOPE, THOSE WHO ENTER HERE!":shocker:

Last edited:

American Pride!

I found a site that will make actual aluminum highway signs but I don't think they are reflective enough and at three pounds that's a lot to carry for hours. (It's illegal to set up a sign on the ground.) Trying to find a place that uses that mesh fabric for signs. And the same vests the roadblockers have.

Go to harbor freight or wal mart and buy a couple reflective vests...chop them up for you sign reflector

Yard Sale

Corrupt cops
ahead
exit now
--------->

highway
bandits
ahead
exit now
--------->

body cavity
searches