Thread: Nationwide 2nd Amendment March- Sat. Jan 19th at the State Capitol 12PM Noon

Nationwide 2nd Amendment March- Sat. Jan 19th at the State Capitol 12PM Noon

Nationwide 2nd Amendment March- Sat. Jan 19th at the State Capitol- 12 Noon

I know this is short notice for everyone. I have not seen any information on the internet regarding this event within our state. However, given the latest turn of events I thought everyone should know about it.

I am passing this information along for fellow YouTuber "Patriot Nurse", and a friend. Apparently these events are picking up speed on a national scale.

My friend says he IS attending and will be at the Richmond Capitol- even if he is the only person there. I really want to go however I am not quite sure I am motivated enough to change my schedule.

Patriot Nurse explains this event here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVYeMr0Dibo
    Last edited by Rising2ndSun; 01-18-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rising2ndSun View Post
    Nationwide 2nd Amendment March- Sat. Jan 19th at the State Capitol- 12 Noon

I know this is short notice for everyone. I have not seen any information on the internet regarding this event within our state. However, given the latest turn of events I thought everyone should know about it.

I am passing this information along for fellow YouTuber "Patriot Nurse", and a friend. Apparently these events are picking up speed on a national scale.

My friend says he IS attending and will be at the Richmond Capitol- even if he is the only person there. I really want to go however I am not quite sure I am motivated enough to change my schedule.

Patriot Nurse explains this event here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVYeMr0Dibo
    He may well be the only one there - the senators and delegates will not be in session on Saturday.

We have a much more important event that takes precedence on Monday the 21st and which predates this by many, many years: Lobby Day

People come from all over the state to interact with their representatives - it is quite an impressive show each year.

Sign up for the free VCDL Va-Alerts and don't ever be information deprived again.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Apparently, this is bigger than it appears. From a FaceBook user, I hear there is a lot of talk about this event, including from the Tea Party- although I am not sure if it relates to VA. I'm going and I will be there.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rising2ndSun View Post
    Apparently, this is bigger than it appears. From a FaceBook user, I hear there is a lot of talk about this event, including from the Tea Party- although I am not sure if it relates to VA. I'm going and I will be there.
    Lobby day is the premier event in Va.
    Saturday is for Rabbit hunting.
    Sunday is for getting ready for Lobby Day.

Thanks for the advice.

If folks attended, I appreciate their effort in support of our rights.

Please give us an after-action report, OP.

I hope they're also planning to participate in Lobby Day on Monday. Are you?

Was there.....around 300 people there. For no state organizations and little time that is a pretty good showing. I got interviewed by the RTD, and it made the story. Not too bad, should have told her if the bad guys kept coming I would take care of business, but all in all not bad. I was try hard to not let her have an angel where she could portray me as a crazy person who is just looking to shoot someone. She looked nice enough, but I don't trust reporters.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/la...a4bcf6878.html

Edited to add that we will back back on Monday!
    Last edited by MamabearCali; 01-19-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post
    Was there.....around 300 people there. For no state organizations and little time that is a pretty good showing. I got interviewed by the RTD, and it made the story. Not too bad, should have told her if the bad guys kept coming I would take care of business, but all in all not bad. I was try hard to not let her have an angel where she could portray me as a crazy person who is just looking to shoot someone. She looked nice enough, but I don't trust reporters.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/la...a4bcf6878.html

Edited to add that we will back back on Monday!
    That's a good showing organization or not.
    I open carried for Mr. Rabbit.
    Hope to see you Monday,

Thanks to all that attended. The group was very pleasant and I am glad that I stood with my 2A family. I saw husbands, wives, children, and concerned singles, etc. It was a very nice crowd. I had the pleasure of meeting people from Roanoke, Northern Virginia, Hampton, Harrisburg, and Richmond - all types of people- even Prepper’s were there. I spoke with some young men that will be applying for their permits next month. A VCDL representative was there and notified us that about two pages of proposed anti-freedom bills are dead for this legislative session. I wonder how others would feel if EVERY legislative session, year –after-year there were countless assaults on the Rights others choose to exercise, with bills and proposals to restrict them…. THIS NONSENSE MUST STOP!
    Last edited by Rising2ndSun; 01-19-2013 at 10:10 PM.