• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nationwide 2nd Amendment March- Sat. Jan 19th at the State Capitol 12PM Noon

Rising2ndSun

Nationwide 2nd Amendment March- Sat. Jan 19th at the State Capitol- 12 Noon

I know this is short notice for everyone. I have not seen any information on the internet regarding this event within our state. However, given the latest turn of events I thought everyone should know about it.

I am passing this information along for fellow YouTuber "Patriot Nurse", and a friend. Apparently these events are picking up speed on a national scale.

My friend says he IS attending and will be at the Richmond Capitol- even if he is the only person there. I really want to go however I am not quite sure I am motivated enough to change my schedule.

Patriot Nurse explains this event here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVYeMr0Dibo

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nationwide 2nd Amendment March- Sat. Jan 19th at the State Capitol- 12 Noon

I know this is short notice for everyone. I have not seen any information on the internet regarding this event within our state. However, given the latest turn of events I thought everyone should know about it.

I am passing this information along for fellow YouTuber "Patriot Nurse", and a friend. Apparently these events are picking up speed on a national scale.

My friend says he IS attending and will be at the Richmond Capitol- even if he is the only person there. I really want to go however I am not quite sure I am motivated enough to change my schedule.

Patriot Nurse explains this event here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVYeMr0Dibo

He may well be the only one there - the senators and delegates will not be in session on Saturday.

We have a much more important event that takes precedence on Monday the 21st and which predates this by many, many years: Lobby Day

People come from all over the state to interact with their representatives - it is quite an impressive show each year.

Sign up for the free VCDL Va-Alerts and don't ever be information deprived again.:)

Rising2ndSun

Apparently, this is bigger than it appears. From a FaceBook user, I hear there is a lot of talk about this event, including from the Tea Party- although I am not sure if it relates to VA. I'm going and I will be there. :banana:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Apparently, this is bigger than it appears. From a FaceBook user, I hear there is a lot of talk about this event, including from the Tea Party- although I am not sure if it relates to VA. I'm going and I will be there. :banana:

Lobby day is the premier event in Va.
Saturday is for Rabbit hunting.
Sunday is for getting ready for Lobby Day.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
If folks attended, I appreciate their effort in support of our rights.

Please give us an after-action report, OP.

I hope they're also planning to participate in Lobby Day on Monday. Are you?

MamabearCali

Was there.....around 300 people there. For no state organizations and little time that is a pretty good showing. I got interviewed by the RTD, and it made the story. Not too bad, should have told her if the bad guys kept coming I would take care of business, but all in all not bad. I was try hard to not let her have an angel where she could portray me as a crazy person who is just looking to shoot someone. She looked nice enough, but I don't trust reporters.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/l...cle_174a71d2-626e-11e2-b845-001a4bcf6878.html

Edited to add that we will back back on Monday!

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Was there.....around 300 people there. For no state organizations and little time that is a pretty good showing. I got interviewed by the RTD, and it made the story. Not too bad, should have told her if the bad guys kept coming I would take care of business, but all in all not bad. I was try hard to not let her have an angel where she could portray me as a crazy person who is just looking to shoot someone. She looked nice enough, but I don't trust reporters.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/l...cle_174a71d2-626e-11e2-b845-001a4bcf6878.html

Edited to add that we will back back on Monday!

That's a good showing organization or not.
I open carried for Mr. Rabbit.
Hope to see you Monday,

Rising2ndSun

Thanks to all that attended. The group was very pleasant and I am glad that I stood with my 2A family. I saw husbands, wives, children, and concerned singles, etc. It was a very nice crowd. I had the pleasure of meeting people from Roanoke, Northern Virginia, Hampton, Harrisburg, and Richmond - all types of people- even Prepper’s were there. I spoke with some young men that will be applying for their permits next month. A VCDL representative was there and notified us that about two pages of proposed anti-freedom bills are dead for this legislative session. I wonder how others would feel if EVERY legislative session, year –after-year there were countless assaults on the Rights others choose to exercise, with bills and proposals to restrict them…. THIS NONSENSE MUST STOP!

Last edited: