• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Saturday Jan 19th High Noon Rally @ States Capitols around the country

Morbidph8

Saturday January 19th High Noon Rally for Gun Rights at your state capitol. Check out the Facebook page below for info on your state. Some states will be gathering other than their capital city. Stand up be heard. I will be at my states capitol building.

This is the main FB page, links to each states page inside.
https://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/

6x5hh.jpg

eye95

I won't even look at FB. However, I will be at the Ohio Statehouse tomorrow.

I can't believe that people who believe so fervently in Liberty will subjugate themselves to the demands of FB.

shastadude17

FB is the freakin' Borg Collective.

Actually, facebook is a social networking site, just like OCDO, in which friends and family can keep in contact with one another and share ideas with like-minded people.

Your facebook-demonizing sounds similar to the "Ban that rifle because it has a shoulder thing that goes up" mentality. Let's be logical folks.

eye95

If you cannot distinguish between (1) stating that one does not like something, is choosing not to use it, and is explaining why and (2) calling for the banning of something, then it is you who are not being logical.

It is your choice to be a member of the Collective, and my choice not to be and to express why not. That is called Liberty.

Moving on to discussions with folks for whom logic and Liberty matter.

WCEarp

I won't even look at FB. However, I will be at the Ohio Statehouse tomorrow.

I can't believe that people who believe so fervently in Liberty will subjugate themselves to the demands of FB.

^^This^^ is stating one does not like something, choosing not to use it, and explaining why.

FB is the freakin' Borg Collective.

^^This^^ is an emotional, sarcastic, caricature. There, difference has been explained, however very simply. I still wouldn't equate that line to banning something. Just someone venting their dislike for FB.

Hope everyone has a productive time at their respective capitols. Remember, stay calm and do don't give in to mob mentality. We need to show a good image to the press and to our representatives.

shastadude17

If you cannot distinguish between (1) stating that one does not like something, is choosing not to use it, and is explaining why and (2) calling for the banning of something, then it is you who are not being logical.

It is your choice to be a member of the Collective, and my choice not to be and to express why not. That is called Liberty.

Moving on to discussions with folks for whom logic and Liberty matter.

You didn't say you didn't like something. You referred to people who use Facebook as the "borg collective". Also, I don't have a facebook either...and logic and liberty? I voted for Gary Johnson. You got me all wrong there, guy.

Gil223

Letter To Obama from Utah Sheriff's Association...

I attended Gun Appreciation Day in Salt Lake City today, and I estimate about 2,000 other people were there as well. All the speeches (about 6 of them as I recall) were excellent, and got rousing applause from the crowd. One thing in particular that I thought would be worth sharing with the forum, is a letter from the Utah Sheriff's Association to somebody's president in Washington D.C. The final paragraph of which reads:
We respect the Office of the President of the United States of America. But, make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights—in particular Amendment II—has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.

The Utah Sheriffs’ Association

The entire letter is viewable at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cache-County-Sheriffs-Office/338068202461?fref=ts

Those attending rally - OC'ers, those with CFPs, even a few long guns - were very responsible, and of a single voice. In essence, Utah gun owners believe that The Second Amendment is the keystone to the Constitution - remove the Second and the rest will fall. Pax...

P.S. 6,085 likes on Facebook as of 6:45pm today.

Last edited:

We-the-People

In spite of the fact that Salem and Portland are considered to be primarily liberal cities (by the folks in southern Oregon, anyway), it looks like there was an excellent turnout! :D Pax...

Considering the temperature and the location so far north, it was definitely an excellent turnout. There were four OCDO members (that I know of) from the Medford area (one "dragged" his family with him) which was a 3.5 hour drive in fog and freezing temps......both ways.