Thread: idea, woman's issues, the 2A and our WA Senators

idea, woman's issues, the 2A and our WA Senators

Interesting blog comment by Emily Miller of the Washington times about women. In Emily's blog, "Emily Get's her gun" she presents gun control as a womans issue...as we all know...rapist's just overpower their victoms, a firearm in this case is a great equilizer.

As we also know....WA Senators Cantwell and especially Murray, have their political backing mostly from women for their positions on Women's rights and women's issues. (like the free mamograms and "reproductive choice" translate to free birth control).

Well, Emily puts gun control into the same league. Freely being able to defend themselves against a stronger male would be rapist. The old addage about a 240lb man would have a problem raping a 110 lb woman with a gun. or God created all men equal, Sam Colt included woman.

Anyway, Murray and Cantwell are very anti-gun...maybe this is one approach we can use to break their anti stance?????

I have never emailed either of them about gun control because I know who and what kind of people they are. Form emails are an insult, and these two are of the more insulting that I know. They have no care for anyone except their supporters. I may try this approach if the fann starts to flip gun control MBE again.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Interesting blog comment by Emily Miller of the Washington times about women. In Emily's blog, "Emily Get's her gun" she presents gun control as a womans issue...as we all know...rapist's just overpower their victoms, a firearm in this case is a great equilizer.

As we also know....WA Senators Cantwell and especially Murray, have their political backing mostly from women for their positions on Women's rights and women's issues. (like the free mamograms and "reproductive choice" translate to free birth control).

Well, Emily puts gun control into the same league. Freely being able to defend themselves against a stronger male would be rapist. The old addage about a 240lb man would have a problem raping a 110 lb woman with a gun. or God created all men equal, Sam Colt included woman.

Anyway, Murray and Cantwell are very anti-gun...maybe this is one approach we can use to break their anti stance?????

I have never emailed either of them about gun control because I know who and what kind of people they are. Form emails are an insult, and these two are of the more insulting that I know. They have no care for anyone except their supporters. I may try this approach if the fann starts to flip gun control MBE again.

Not a bad idea. Also, the LBGT community, often a constituency that the democrats take for granted, is one of the highest in terms of gun ownership and CCLs.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Not a bad idea. Also, the LBGT community, often a constituency that the democrats take for granted, is one of the highest in terms of gun ownership and CCLs.
    That's because many Republicans treat them like crap.

Libertarians don't care, even if they find something personally reprehensible, they don't make it part of their political agenda. Like religion, or race, or.........
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post

Politicians seem to work on emotive and not logic, this stance helps many because it appeals to the emotive desire for women to be safe, but then it also has logic....which is like kryptonite to many politicians.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

any email to Cantwell or Murray will only result in a canned reply message. 3x's I sent email on different gun issues and 3x's I got the exact same message back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    any email to Cantwell or Murray will only result in a canned reply message. 3x's I sent email on different gun issues and 3x's I got the exact same message back.
    I get the same thing, thanking me for my support.......sure hope they are not counting my email as support.

Re: idea, woman's issues, the 2A and our WA Senators

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I get the same thing, thanking me for my support.......sure hope they are not counting my email as support.
    They probably do... I had xx,xxx number of emails supporting new gun control laws because the email had guns as the topic and we all know everyone favors more fun control laws...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    They probably do... I had xx,xxx number of emails supporting new gun control laws because the email had guns as the topic and we all know everyone favors more fun control laws...

Damn, I think you are right.

Anybody that is in favor of banning self-defense rifles is anti-black woman and anti-woman with pink hair. Here's a picture I took at the rally yesterday at the State Capitol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    Even in person you get the same "canned" message. That is why I said they are so insulting, I do not even bother. Much better to activily to work for the election of their opposition. Like SVG I am also libertarian, but I will vote for the proper republician, and in the primary, I have been known to vote for a democrate just so I can vote against the candidate I do not like.

Too bad Cantwell wasn't trashed this last election...her opponent was not well known, but he did know how to think.
    Last edited by hermannr; 01-21-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Brent View Post
    Anybody that is in favor of banning self-defense rifles is anti-black woman and anti-woman with pink hair. Here's a picture I took at the rally yesterday at the State Capitol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I LOVE that Picture!!! Thanks.

That's because many Republicans treat them like crap.

Libertarians don't care, even if they find something personally reprehensible, they don't make it part of their political agenda. Like religion, or race, or.........
    Most Libertarians don't make it their political agenda--your style of Libertarian...thanks, BTW.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

My Sweet Baboo thinks it is a woman's Right to Choose............to Choose to be Armed and self protected. Lori believes the Smith and Wesson in her pocket is just another form of feminine protection.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    My Sweet Baboo thinks it is a woman's Right to Choose............to Choose to be Armed and self protected. Lori believes the Smith and Wesson in her pocket is just another form of feminine protection.
    Every woman ought to have a smokewagon in their pocket.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Most Libertarians don't make it their political agenda--your style of Libertarian...thanks, BTW.
    Thank you.

Thank you.
    I still like pie...

I still like pie...

Hahaha....., me too.

Hahaha....., me too.
    We should all go out for pie some time, up on capital hill.

Hmm.. I don't think my wife would be "down" for that...

Hmm.. I don't think my wife would be "down" for that...

Bring her along...I will bring my wife. Hell, we can get a bunch of us together, and all have pie.