• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking for WA court case on how merely OCing is not considered "brandishing"

Alpine

looking for WA court case on how merely OCing is not considered "brandishing"

Hey everyone, I thought I saw something in the WA gun pamphlet, but I also searched the forums and couldn't find it.

Does anyone know a WA court case where the court specifically stated that merely OCing is not considered "brandishing?" I thought I remembered seeing one but I can't find it now. Thanks!

skeith5

Re: looking for WA court case on how merely OCing is not considered "brandishing"

State vs. Casad. I believe there is also a state vs. Spencer.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Hey everyone, I thought I saw something in the WA gun pamphlet, but I also searched the forums and couldn't find it.

Does anyone know a WA court case where the court specifically stated that merely OCing is not considered "brandishing?" I thought I remembered seeing one but I can't find it now. Thanks!

First, there is no "Brandishing" statute in the state of Washington. Only 9.41.270 comes to a similar ideal...

Yes read the relevant cases and include Maciolek as well.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Most states with "brandishing" statues either say or have been ruled to require "touching and moving" the firearm and some add "in a menacing manner".

So just having it on your hip is not brandishing.