• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IRS credit to citizens who allow government to confiscate their firearms

Freedom1Man

Wow, more media spewing ignorance of the law.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-d-me-for-tax-information-here-is-a-good-view

Study the law. If you don't have a SSN the IRS will not even talk to you. My good friend had the IRS call him, my friend does not have a SSN, the IRS agent would not even talk to him after the agent learned that my friend is not a numbered slave.

So why would ANY of you even care what the IRS offers?

Freedom1Man

yes, in certain circumstances. a tax deduction is applied to the taxable income. a tax credit is typically applied directly to the total amount paid into taxes. it seems this bill is for a tax credit.

in regards to what others have said in regards to it being refundable or not, well, heh, I'm a subcontractor, I dont pay taxes out of paychecks because I don't get paychecks, I pay my taxes in one lump sum. so for someone like me, it would be a direct deduction from the high amount of taxes I would owe hehe :) :banana:

You're earning are not 'income' at all for one.

Unless you've been required to pay the income tax under section 1461 of the IRC then you've NEVER paid the income tax.

Other note, if you're living and working within the states of the union then, the money withheld from your pay has never been the 'income tax' at all. Please read the law before making ANY statements about the effect or application of the law.

mpguy

OK let me ask this. If, you don't take a SSN, how does anyone give you a job? Having a SSN is required is it not?

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

motoxmann

You're earning are not 'income' at all for one.

Unless you've been required to pay the income tax under section 1461 of the IRC then you've NEVER paid the income tax.

Other note, if you're living and working within the states of the union then, the money withheld from your pay has never been the 'income tax' at all. Please read the law before making ANY statements about the effect or application of the law.

I am required to pay the tax, I subcontract for a private company in another state and receive a 1099 every year

Freedom1Man

OK let me ask this. If, you don't take a SSN, how does anyone give you a job? Having a SSN is required is it not?

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

It is not required. Anyone who has actually read the law knows this. The only form that can be used to request a ITIN/TIN/SSN is a form W-9. The form W-9 lacks an OMB-control number and so it is not for use on citizens. Even then if the person is not a citizen there is no requirement to OBTAIN a SSN to hire them

I am required to pay the tax, I subcontract for a private company in another state and receive a 1099 every year

Ever read the instructions for the Form 1099? The only one that is required to even put a number in the TIN block is an attorney, when acting as an attorney on behalf of the business. Even then the attorney does not have to certify it's TIN.

Last edited:

nobama

Wow, more media spewing ignorance of the law.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-d-me-for-tax-information-here-is-a-good-view

Study the law. If you don't have a SSN the IRS will not even talk to you. My good friend had the IRS call him, my friend does not have a SSN, the IRS agent would not even talk to him after the agent learned that my friend is not a numbered slave.

So why would ANY of you even care what the IRS offers?

What if somebody has a fraud SS# like this so called president does?

Freedom1Man

What if somebody has a fraud SS# like this so called president does?

What law says you can only be issued one number? I have never looked for any such law as that before.

Look it up and get back to me.

As for the IRS issuing a rebate for disarming yourself, well the most effective means of disarming people is to make them think that it's their own idea.

carolina guy

Sounds like time to buy some 80% lowers, "finish them up" to basically functional and then "turn it in" for the credit. :banana:

carolina guy

Forget buying the 80% lowers. I would rather cast and sell paper weights. ;)

Exactly...guess it would depend if they are going to "test" the lowers for functionality and durability. If not, I am thinking lowest grade materials and cheapest trigger group...get the $2k credit.

I view it as important to use as much of the credit available as possible without turning in any "good" firearms.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Exactly...guess it would depend if they are going to "test" the lowers for functionality and durability. If not, I am thinking lowest grade materials and cheapest trigger group...get the $2k credit.

I view it as important to use as much of the credit available as possible without turning in any "good" firearms.

To make an 80% a legal firearm you just need to drill out the pin holes. You don't need to hollow out the fire control housing and/or the mag well.

That is why an 80% does not have the pin holds drilled.

So, if I make paper weights in the shape of AR lowers that were solid, someone could use a drill press and put the correct holes in it to make it a BATF firearm.

carolina guy

To make an 80% a legal firearm you just need to drill out the pin holes. You don't need to hollow out the fire control housing and/or the mag well.

That is why an 80% does not have the pin holds drilled.

So, if I make paper weights in the shape of AR lowers that were solid, someone could use a drill press and put the correct holes in it to make it a BATF firearm.

I agree. It would just depend on how the legislation was written to enable the purchases.