• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why should police be exempt from bans, mag limitations?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Gun owners wonder why police should get special treatment

And they should .. police are civilians and expressly prohibited fro defending our country from invaders by our constitution.

We face the same criminals they do .. and first for the most part.

If 1 bullet is OK for us -- its OK for them.

Do I care that cops might be killed because of this viewpoint? No ... they don't care about us ~~ only a small minority of cops on the east coast have said "I will not arrest anyone for these stupid laws!"

Last edited:

dadada

I have a friend that was calling an AR15 and 30 round mag "a weapon of war that's only purpose is to kill the most people in a little time" why she thought her police officer husband should be exempt from a ban. Was the police force intending to kill a lot of people in a short time? I'm still waiting a a coherent answer.

Lante

If these gun and magazine bans are to make everyone safer....
If lawmakers want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals....
If we admit that a large number of criminals steal the guns they use in crimes....

...then there should be no exceptions to the bans for any group of people...

...because we have several examples of police officers having their guns stolen from their cars, homes etc. (many examples here is one http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/13873993/police-officers-gun-stolen-from-car)

...because we have examples of secret service members leaving their guns unattended in bathrooms (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...-inadvertently-left-in-romney-plane-lavatory/)

....because there are many recorded incidents of FBI officers loosing or having their service guns stolen (http://www.justice.gov/oig/reports/FBI/a0227/02-27_Appendix_2.pdf)

...because the Department of Homeland Security lost 180 weapons in 2 years, due to failure to safeguard their weapons (http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/18/government.guns/index.html)

I would propose that what is good for the goose is good for the gander and every gun or ammo or magazine ban should include all law enforcement and government agencies. Maybe the pro ban folks who enjoy their protective detail having effective guns with large capacity magazines might think twice if enacting a ban affects them also.

sudden valley gunner

Watch out Dave the apologist might start calling you a confrontational, extremist, anarchist d-bag. ...:lol:

Whether you wear blue or not, we all have to make a choice to fight for liberty for liberties sake, or not........

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have a friend that was calling an AR15 and 30 round mag "a weapon of war that's only purpose is to kill the most people in a little time" why she thought her police officer husband should be exempt from a ban. Was the police force intending to kill a lot of people in a short time? I'm still waiting a a coherent answer.

She called me ... her answer was "but but but but but.."

Vitaeus

I usually enjoy reading your work Dave, but since I had a popup and an auto start ad that I couldn't stop, I won't be back to examiner.com

davidmcbeth

Banned
I usually enjoy reading your work Dave, but since I had a popup and an auto start ad that I couldn't stop, I won't be back to examiner.com

I did see an autostart too but no popup.

I also re-read the article and noted that the author thought that the inclusion of all is:

But now a ban on firearms carried by legally-licensed private citizens has been extended to off-duty police. It is wrong, and wrong-headed,

The author thinks that police are special citizens obviously....