• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Council member walks because of CC

compmanio365

Glorious. Was so satisfying to see that motion be shot down. Never caught the name of the man who tried to start the motion. Also good work on part of the Mayor and City Attorney. Seems like Oak Harbor has got their act together, minus one or two councilmembers.

Ken56

Heres an idea. The citizen should go to all subsequent council meetings and openly carry. Then maybe the council member will keep walking out of the meetings. That would put an end to his stupid attempts to make motions like that, and he can take the idiot that second the motion.

davidmcbeth

Banned
They talked about hats too ... and I have told to "remove your hat" numerous times...I just ignore them...had 1 cop scream at me several times...I just ignored him.

amlevin

They talked about hats too ... and I have told to "remove your hat" numerous times...I just ignore them...had 1 cop scream at me several times...I just ignored him.

There's a difference between exercising a "right" and just being rude. It's been considered good manners for centuries to remove one's hat when indoors. The exception is when in the Military, in full uniform, and "under arms".

Last edited: