Thread: Way to go, Beaufort County!!!

Way to go, Beaufort County!!!

The county where I used to live in NC has passed a law forbidding any county employee from enforcing Unconstitutional Federal "laws" restricting the 2A rights of their residents--becoming the FIRST county government to officially encode into LAW refusal to enforce these laws.

HURRAY for Beaufort County, NC!!!

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com...on-resolution/
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

First in Freedom!

I think it is time for NC to change its license plates back to reading "FIRST IN FREEDOM" like they used to, Thank You Beaufort Co. I'll stand there!

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Awesome! It would be nice to see more counties follow. I found a .JPG of a letter written to Biden by a Washington (state) Sheriff laying out how he & his deputies would not enforce any anti-2A federal laws enacted & would protect citizens from federal agents. A few days ago I forwarded the letter (via Facebook) to Guilford County Sheriff BJ Barnes & made it known how I would love to see a similar letter with his signature on it. No response so far.
    Carry on!

Union County needs to follow suit !

Quote Originally Posted by J-SiN View Post
    Union County needs to follow suit !
    Franklin county needs to as well. One small step for man one giant leap for mankind. LOL

Well I think it is time for the General Assembly to answer Beaufort County's call for a resolution for the entire State. I realize the Assembly is not currently in session, but now would be the time to be getting prepared to call for a special session should it become immediately obvious we were about to get something rammed down our throats.

That said, yes more counties need to get on board.

I am not in law enforcement, never have been. But it is my understanding that local LEO's do not have to enforce FEDERAL law anyway, only local/state laws (that is who employs them). The burden of enforcement would fall on the federal government. Now, they can coerce local LE agancys into compliance by withholding federal monies, but cant force them to comply. In the same way that local LEO's cannot enforce federal laws (immigration), they do not have to enforce any other law. I am sure there are members here who can verify this, or tell me Im an idiot.

Banned
    Andy would approve but Barney is sad ...