Thread: Former New Orleans mayor indicted

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Former New Orleans mayor indicted

Anti-gun former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, who presided over the illegal confiscation of hundreds of firearms in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina that brought legal action from the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation, has been indicted on 21 federal charges of corruption.

Yes there is hope that justice will prevail.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/form...alerts_article

Sad that the guns are now beyond repair - "The action was later found to be illegal and unconstitutional, but nearly all of the firearms were damaged beyond repair because they had been carelessly stored in containers where rust and corrosion quickly took hold."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

My first thought was, "It's about damn time!"

It's all George W. Bush's fault. [sarcasm]
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    Hey, Dave,

Any information about whether Nagin was a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns? A suprising number of MAIG members have been arrested, convicted, etc. It would be real nice if we could add to the tally.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hey, Dave,

Any information about whether Nagin was a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns? A suprising number of MAIG members have been arrested, convicted, etc. It would be real nice if we could add to the tally.
    Seems that Nagin was not a member of MAIG; however, the present mayor (Mitchell J. Landrieu) is a member.
    http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns..../members.shtml

That notwithstanding Mayor Landrieu proceeds to throw ex-mayor Nagin under the bus.

NEW ORLEANS, LA-- Today, Mayor Mitch Landrieu issued the following statement regarding the indictment of former Mayor C. Ray Nagin: “This is a sad day for the city of New Orleans. Today’s indictment of former Mayor Ray Nagin alleges serious violations of the public’s trust. Public corruption cannot and will not be tolerated.”
    http://new.nola.gov/mayor/press-rele...ayor-landrieu/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.