• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Fights Legislation That Would Ban Gun Sales To Those Currently On Killing Sprees

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Of course, the thing to do is turn it around on the anti-gunners. Its a grand idea, reducto ad absurdum. Its better than grand, its the greatest--because it uses humor to illustrate truth.

For example, "Obama would require back-round check in the middle of repelling a home invasion." Just make a video of a woman trying to get approved for a gun purchase while hiding in a crawl space with her three kids and a madman beating on the door.

This is satire. It is highly effective. Think of Jonathon Switft's A Modest Proposal about turning "excess" children into food. This stuff is powerful. It changes public opinion. It shapes the future.

Think about it. What about a satirical sketch/skit where a principled Chief Thief forbids personal security guards for his two daughters at a private school. Or, decides to ride in a Yugo instead of an armored limousine. The possibilities are only limited by imagination.

What about a sketch about an anti-gunner who commits sepukku before the gunman gets to him. "Anti-gun activitist kills self moments before deranged gunman makes it to his office in order to prevent gun violence."

"Yes, Chet. John was solidly against gun violence. I was on the phone with him in the final moments. He told me that he was going to kill himself in order to prevent the gunman killing him. He said good-bye and I heard his gasp as he killed himself. Then, a moment later, I heard the pow-pow-pow of the armed citizen's gun engaging the killer."

Last edited:

david.ross

What about a sketch about an anti-gunner who commits sepukku before the gunman gets to him. "Anti-gun activitist kills self moments before deranged gunman makes it to his office in order to prevent gun violence."

:lol: You should send that one to The Onion to see if they'd make it.