Thread: Don't Play The Gov's Big Gun Rights Bill Games

Don't Play The Gov's Big Gun Rights Bill Games

A point I made over at MGO, and thought would be good to share here as well:

Barretone over at MGO said:
    Schneider does not want to appear to be "gun happy", so they are trying to consolidate the legislation, as that is supposedly more palatable to him.
    No, he realizes that if gun-rights bills are small, focused, and tightly tailored, they are much harder for him to water down or defeat. Because if they are small, it's harder for him to get his anti-gun compromises swallowed by the sponsors. Also, smaller bills are more easily formally or informally tied to other legislation he or his allies desperately want.

The large packages are easier for him to get the anti-gunners ginned up about and give him an excuse to veto, or to get the sponsors to swallow a "little bit" of compromise and criminalize some increment of currently legal gun rights.

You guys have got to be smarter than this guy. He's really smart, and he will take every chance to take bites out of our gun rights every chance he gets.

Go tight, go focused, and go aggressive with tieing our bills to things he and his cronies want. If you play his game, of course he's going to beat you at it.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...73#post1889973
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Who the heck is Schneider?
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Who the heck is Schneider?
    I just took it as a play on the Gov's name, to associate him with the character of Schneider on One Day At A Time. A particularly appropriate association, in my mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Day_at_a_Time
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Thumbs up

^^^ yep. Good Ole "Dicky Ricky"... he is in need of a new occupation in my humble opinion. Only time will tell. Hey it could be worse: Virgil Bernero could be in charge!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f1p2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	9901
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    ^^^ yep. Good Ole "Dicky Ricky"... he is in need of a new occupation in my humble opinion. Only time will tell. Hey it could be worse: Virgil Bernero could be in charge!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f1p2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	9901
    Bite your tongue!!!!
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

As I said elsewhere, I agree completely. Baby steps, such as legalizing church CC, would be good things to tack on to a bill he really wants passed.