• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't Play The Gov's Big Gun Rights Bill Games

DanM

A point I made over at MGO, and thought would be good to share here as well:

Barretone over at MGO said:
Schneider does not want to appear to be "gun happy", so they are trying to consolidate the legislation, as that is supposedly more palatable to him.

No, he realizes that if gun-rights bills are small, focused, and tightly tailored, they are much harder for him to water down or defeat. Because if they are small, it's harder for him to get his anti-gun compromises swallowed by the sponsors. Also, smaller bills are more easily formally or informally tied to other legislation he or his allies desperately want.

The large packages are easier for him to get the anti-gunners ginned up about and give him an excuse to veto, or to get the sponsors to swallow a "little bit" of compromise and criminalize some increment of currently legal gun rights.

You guys have got to be smarter than this guy. He's really smart, and he will take every chance to take bites out of our gun rights every chance he gets.

Go tight, go focused, and go aggressive with tieing our bills to things he and his cronies want. If you play his game, of course he's going to beat you at it.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1889973#post1889973

griffin

Who the heck is Schneider?
dunno.gif

FreeInAZ

^^^ yep. Good Ole "Dicky Ricky"... he is in need of a new occupation in my humble opinion. Only time will tell. Hey it could be worse: Virgil Bernero could be in charge! :eek:
f1p2.jpg

Michigander

As I said elsewhere, I agree completely. Baby steps, such as legalizing church CC, would be good things to tack on to a bill he really wants passed.