• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rally...

EMNofSeattle

I was very angry about this.... but this is my 4th edit of the message to make it less confrontational... but I'll just have to say it

The Guest speakers need to be kept in line and on topic. there was at least 6 issues discussed that had NOTHING to do with the second amendment by guest speakers, and by guest speakers I mean Clint Didier. I'll say this, I would much rather that SVG or someone like that took Didier's spot.

Dave Workman and Rapgood were great! they did well and I enjoyed listening to them! but they kept their speeches ON topic... and factual. Hadian and Didier only served to alienate many people who would otherwise by sympathetic. especially since people were asking rifles be unloaded with no mag, even though that does nothing to improve our image, whereas a very controllable step to take, would've been to better screen the guest speakers. God, unions, committees of safety, doomsday prepping, being ready to overthrow the government, etc were not germane to the issue at hand.

Last edited:

theaero

100% agree. My girlfriend was embarrassed about it, and many of the people standing around us looked disappointed/disgusted/embarrased, or were laughing at him. Did not help our cause. As I stated in another thread here, the religious aspect could have been toned down. If the word "god" was replaced with founding fathers, and "god-given" was replaced with natural, then it would have been more pleasing all-around, I think.

We did have some good speakers. Some of the more "professional" speakers did a great job. I dont know names, but the 2nd (a woman), and everyone I saw after Didler did a pretty good job.

The "surprise" girl who came in and asked who is gonna be a pussypants made me chuckle :)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
did I like everything I saw at the rally? NO

did I like everything I heard at the rally? NO

Overall though the rally was a success and we got some great publicity out of it.

Freedom1Man

I was very angry about this.... but this is my 4th edit of the message to make it less confrontational... but I'll just have to say it

The Guest speakers need to be kept in line and on topic. there was at least 6 issues discussed that had NOTHING to do with the second amendment by guest speakers, and by guest speakers I mean Clint Didier. I'll say this, I would much rather that SVG or someone like that took Didier's spot.

Dave Workman and Rapgood were great! they did well and I enjoyed listening to them! but they kept their speeches ON topic... and factual. Hadian and Didier only served to alienate many people who would otherwise by sympathetic. especially since people were asking rifles be unloaded with no mag, even though that does nothing to improve our image, whereas a very controllable step to take, would've been to better screen the guest speakers. God, unions, committees of safety, doomsday prepping, being ready to overthrow the government, etc were not germane to the issue at hand.

Rapgood was a good speaker for sure.

I had mostly tuned out after some of the crazy stuff and almost missed Rapgood speak.

Hell, I know a speaker if I could ever get him to show up. Very pro-gun, not a tin foil hat guy, and speaks clearly.

Otherwise I would have been a better speaker than a couple of them, true. SVG does better with the public than I do, so if he would refuse to speak I would do it instead.

Grim_Night

I agree that I saw and heard some things that I did not like but at the same time I had to put things in perspective... We can't support the second amendment without supporting the first amendment as well right? By the way, was nice meeting a few of you face to face. Happy I could attend this event.

PS. Did anybody by chance record all the speakers? If so, I'd like a copy so I can see and hear some of the stuff that I missed due to various distractions =|

Last edited:

Freedom First

As I stated in another thread here, the religious aspect could have been toned down. If the word "god" was replaced with founding fathers, and "god-given" was replaced with natural, then it would have been more pleasing all-around, I think.

The "Founding Father's" you so revere would be embarrassed by your response. They never desired to be held up as gods or idols. They were just men. Were they both too brilliant to be mere mortals but also too stupid to be listened to? So brilliant that they challenged God's position in your little heavens and too stupid to be heard as they submitted themselves directly to God's care...

"We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor." Close of the Declaration

The "Iranian" guy was speaking directly to folks like you. The issue with America is not a lack of political virtue, it's the Godless society we live in today. He quoted one of the founders you revere so...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

And another...

"Statesmen, my dear Sir, may plan and speculate for Liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand. The only foundation of a free Constitution is pure Virtue, and if this cannot be inspired into our People in a greater Measure than they have it now, They may change their Rulers and the forms of Government, but they will not obtain a lasting Liberty. They will only exchange Tyrants and Tyrannies." John Adams

Godless people. Why else would these young men feel so free to execute children? They are taught in school and in the media that there are no eternal consequences, so why not hurt people on your way out? It won't matter if there's no God...

God, unions, committees of safety, doomsday prepping, being ready to overthrow the government, etc were not germane to the issue at hand.

You sure about that?

I addressed the God aspect above.
Unions? Like they have been good for our nation? Questionable at best.
Committees of Safety? The "Founders" embraced them and these men bought your squandered Freedom through their use. I personally support the concept and actions of folks involved in these sorts of activities. If you would read about the actions of the Committees of Safety and Correspondence and their role in bringing down British rule, you might see the need today.
Prepping? What's wrong with having some food set aside for the day you need it? Fred Meyer might not always be there. Bad things happen. Heck, you might lose your job and need to eat for a few months.
Overthrowing the government? Have you read the Constitution? Ever? Try comparing the text and the Framer's intents to the actions of those in power today. We have the forms of that government but none of the function. If you can be honest, you will find the overthrow has already occurred... And we didn't do it.
So, germane? Perhaps not directly Second Amendment related, but important nonetheless.

In short, there's more to life than guns.

Freedom First

The rally was very exciting!

We got 14 people all the way from the Tri Cities to Oly in plenty of time for the rally. I was in no way disappointed. The folks that spoke were human, with human flaws, but they were sincere and spoke powerfully to those who could look beyond the externals of their performance into their message. This was more important than some media event, this was a clarion call to action. Stand up and be counted or lose your Freedoms that remain.

We all got the mandatory "I was armed at the Capitol!" pictures and spoke to many excellent people.

The lack of a counter protest was surprising to me. Heck Evergreen isn't very far away...

Regardless, many Drysider thanks to Jim and the other folks who did the deed and made the event happen. Cudos!

Robert.H

Good first Rally

Hello, I have been a registered lurker here for a while. I found out about the rally on this forum. My cousin and I decided to attend. Gotta say it was pretty enjoyable over all. I liked seeing everyone armed, also saw some great creative signs. Thanks to the people who helped organize this event. I will hopefully be able to attend future events, I hope next time we can fill the whole area. Pretty good turn out though. Have a good one all, and keep oc`ing.

p.s. Anyone have a used ham radio for sale? Preferably already buried, I don`t want to dig a hole, its too cold. lol jk

theaero

The "Founding Father's" you so revere would be embarrassed by your response. They never desired to be held up as gods or idols. They were just men. Were they both too brilliant to be mere mortals but also too stupid to be listened to? So brilliant that they challenged God's position in your little heavens and too stupid to be heard as they submitted themselves directly to God's care...

I found this to be a very rude post. I'm not quite sure what I said to be attacked like this, but the issue we fought for dealt today had nothing to do with religion. The first speaker kept referring to how we have these rights because of God. God gave us these rights. Etc. I do not think that is beneficial to our cause. Not all (and judging by the reactions of those around me), not many people seemed to think the first speech was appropriate, or fitting to the situation. It is my personal opinion that being able to defend yourself is a natural, instinctual right. I would go as far to say that most of the people at the rally today would agree with this.

My post simply said that it would pleasing all-around to leave religion out of it. Not every American is religious, but every American has rights that the constitution and bill of rights grant us. How do all the non-religious people feel when they show up to fight to protect their 2A, and are fed speechs about how a god they do not believe in are the reason we should have these rights. It's conflicting, and it dissects us into two different groups. The religious 2A, and the not-religious 2A. But aren't we supposed to be united together and fighting against the tyrannical government that is trying to take our rights away? If we have the same end game, then wouldn't it be better to leave out the factor that divides us? (In this case, religion).

Godless people. Why else would these young men feel so free to execute children? They are taught in school and in the media that there are no eternal consequences, so why not hurt people on your way out? It won't matter if there's no God...

I, and most of the people I associate with on a daily basis, and for that matter, most of the people I know are not religious. Yet, they are respectful, mature, hard working, and responsible. Strange, that all these people, including gun owners, military, mothers, teachers, friends, etc don't go out and execute people. I mean, they are "godless" afterall, so you'd think they'd be shooting up preschools and retirement homes nonstop. In fact, in my own personal experience, these people are typically more respectful, open-minded, and responsible than many of the god-fearing people I have run into.

In short, there's more to life than guns.

Yes, but today was about guns, and for me, there was no more to today than guns. The 2A rally was my #1 priority.

That being said, I personally use my guns to preserve life, and the life of those in my proximity. There may be more to life than guns, but there could be no life whatsoever without them.

HK_dave

EMNofSeattle said:
The Guest speakers need to be kept in line and on topic. there was at least 6 issues discussed that had NOTHING to do with the second amendment by guest speakers, and by guest speakers I mean Clint Didier.
deanf said:
Yes. In full agreement. Did Didier sound that unhinged during his campaign?

yeah he was a bit off the rails with that speech. what a way to lose a crowd. there's a time and place for that message, this wasn't it. i had to walk away for a bit.

and the last guy (in the yellow coat?), what was he rambling on about? i left in the middle of that...

Last edited:

Squeak

If you had to edit 4 times, maybe you shouldn't have posted at all.

Voob

Hey Freedom, speaking as a "godless" gun owner, I have to say that raising my children to know right from wrong is not a hard thing to do without religion. Don't confuse the need for religion with the ability to act in a moral way.

The preacher did his preaching, which was all well and good because that's what he does. I didn't agree with it since that philosophy doesn't mesh with mine, but to each his own. Not sure if you are a preacher or not, but the statement "Godless people. Why else would these young men feel so free to execute children? They are taught in school and in the media that there are no eternal consequences, so why not hurt people on your way out? It won't matter if there's no God..." is a bit over the top. How about mental issues and lack of parenting as root causes?

EMNofSeattle

did I like everything I saw at the rally? NO

did I like everything I heard at the rally? NO

Overall though the rally was a success and we got some great publicity out of it.

I would agree with that Bill, what I was complaining about was a guest speaker who needed to be vetted before allowed a microphone. Im glad I went and the rally itself went well, but Didier was out of hand and I felt someone needed to say it

divedog

I had a blast and thought it was a positive peaceful protest. If there were 10,000 people parking would be a nightmare.