Thread: Questions about OC from another state and "Gold State"

Questions about OC from another state and "Gold State"

So her is a little back-story... I'm 20, (turning 21 in Aug) an Oklahoma resident but I'm an out of state criminal justice student at UNM.
    New Mexico's dps websites are much less user friendly than the ones I'm used to so I have a few questions.

It seems NM is a "Gold star" open carry state. New to this term, but does this "gold Star" state have an age limit to who can OC without a permit? And does this rule apply to/ allow non-residents who are in the state to OC? What I'm trying to get at is if an Oklahoma resident, who is 20 years old can OC in New Mexico? I have heard the carry age her is 19 but have yet to confirm that. If i'm treading into a grey area of the law I apologize, I'm just curious about NM law. However if I am in fact treading into a grey are, any case law, statutes, or advice from legal counsel would help.

Is there a collection of material other than that has statutes and case laws? Like I said earlier, your website needs a new designer . In Oklahoma I could print out every page of our new OC law and study it every night. I have yet found a way to do that with New Mexicos website, it's all tidbits

north mason county, Washington, USA

like you found yourself,
    OCDO maps shows the same.
    I count 31 states you are old enough to OC in...
    BUT... some of those states require a recognized concealled pistol license.
    It nevers matters what state you are from,, you just must follow the law of the state you are in...
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 01-20-2013 at 05:38 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Moderator / Administrator
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    it looks like our definitions to the state categories did not transfer over - I will ask John toi fix. Gold star means that generally you can open carry holstered handguns on foot and in vehicles without permit and that localities are generally prempted from banning open carry.