View Poll Results: Did you attend Guns Across America at your State Capitol?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

18 64.29%
  • No.

10 35.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you participate in Guns Across America?

Banned

Did you participate in Guns Across America?

Just trying to satisfy my curiosity as to what percentage of our posters demonstrated in front of their State capitols on the 19th. So, please take the time to answer the poll even if your answer is no. Thanks.

I was at the Ohio Statehouse with about 1000 others.

I was not able to attend due to family obligations.
    I have written and snail mailed my thoughts to all of my representatives. Yes I still like paper and pen.

Well,,,

Yep,, I was in Olympia with about 2000 others,,, we were all cold,, the place was packed an hour before start time,
    most stayed till 2 PM,,, no NDs, no hastles from antis or LEOs!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Estimate 150 - 200 here in Montgomery. Cool, bright day with a good crowd considering there were at least two competing athletic events. Enjoyed being there, but, unfortunately, my back decided to act up and I had to leave early.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Yep,, I was in Olympia with about 2000 others,,, we were all cold,, the place was packed an hour before start time,
    If that was only 2000 then the anti rally the weekend before was only 600......, Was good to see ya again Bob.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I was unable to attend due to prior commitments, but I was asked several questions about my thoughts on it, and Obama's plans because I was carrying (openly) all day where we were at.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

I attended the one in Boise, Idaho. Was part of the coordination of the event. Helped with greeting people as the showed up and making sure everyone was safe. We had over 500 show up for the event. Probably 95% of theme carrying in assorted rigs. Maybe 30% of those with various long guns ranging from 10/22's to AK, AR and HK. Even some bolt action hunting rifles.

I really expected some sort of harrasment of the long gun carriers from the media and turning negative. I am eating CROW at our dinner meeting this thursday. The long gun carriers were just regular folks like us and the media treated everyone with respect.

We had several speakers from various organizations. A good time was had by all!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2440549&type=1

I was at the one in AZ.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I was there also. three hundred twelve miles round trip. Worth every minute
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned

My son and I, along with a fellow named Steve, parked at my son's apartment and walked the mile and a half to the Statehouse, strong-side to the street, carrying a sign announcing that We, the People, ARE the militia.

Good times, good work done, but cold and windy. BTW, my mug made it into the Columbus Dispatch. *grins*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Stationed away from my home state and my car doesn't work so I couldn't make it to the capitol here.

We had about 400 show up here in Ky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad08 View Post
    We had about 400 show up here in Ky.
    I would have made it 402 (Girlfriend and I) if I could. Frankfort is a bit far for me and I had to work.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Banned
    I prefer a personal visit .. which I have done and will continue to do ..

Campaign Veteran
    I attended the rally at the Minnesota capitol in St. Paul. I've heard estimates that the crowd was over 500. That was larger than the organizer in Minnesota had expected. Now if even 10% of the 115,000 holders of a Minnesota permit to carry a firearm had attended, that would have been something.

Banned

I was unable to attend due to prior engagements, but I did go to a gun show today as my way of showing support. Granted not the same but it was what I could do.

Re: Did you participate in Guns Across America?

I was there for the Washington state rally wearing my silver cougar hoodie. I made it on king 5 and kiro 7 (in the crowd).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Didn't recognize ya without your carrot!

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    I was there for the Washington state rally wearing my silver cougar hoodie. I made it on king 5 and kiro 7 (in the crowd).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Now I won't call you Skieth anymore....hehe.

I made it on Kiro and King last weekend, we are news mates....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I did not. I live on the side of the country where it takes an entire day to get to the other side of the state, where my capital is.

I did participate in an open carry walk in downtown Las Vegas on that evening, though. We were filmed by the news (they were incognito) and watched overtly by a dozen police officers. There were more than twenty of us, mostly paired off and just enjoying the evening and the conversations.

I've not yet heard how many rapes and muggings happened on the other side of downtown from us that lacked the police presence.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Centurion
    I attended the one located on the State Capitol "porch" in Salt Lake City, Ut. Temps were in the 20's F. but minimal wind. We did enjoy the South Steps so we did have some sunlight. I arrived about 1030hrs, event scheduled to last from noon to 1300hrs. Ended about 1330. ONLY had about 3000 persons in attendance per one local media outlet! Many, including myself were OC'ing handguns, some OC'ing long guns or even shotguns. Only saw about 6-8 State Troopers for a LEO presence. No significant interactions involving LEO's--- simple safety actions shooing some photographers who had climbed over an upper level balcony to a flat area covered with snow and ice overlooking the crowd. I sure like that in UTAH it is fully legal to actually KEEP AND BEAR ARMS in State and local government buildings except for courthouses. We did leave the area cleaner than we found it!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 01-21-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

I hosted a Gun Appreciation Day breakfast. I had posted about it on Facebook and here. 6 members of our VCDL joined me and 3 people joined us because they did a random search on the Internet and found out about my breakfast. How cool is that?
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

I was there in Olympia
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	9887

My dad and I made it to Olympia. Had some lively conversations, but left at about 1:30 cause it was starting to get a little too cold.

I made the rally in Baton Rouge, La. We had 500+ people in attendance.
    Pres. Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL www.laopencarry.org

.308 Isn't an area code, but it can still make long distance calls.
    How may I help you? Press '1' for English. Press '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English.

Wolf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast