• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did you participate in Guns Across America?

Did you attend Guns Across America at your State Capitol?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No.

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeSparky

Centurion
I attended the one located on the State Capitol "porch" in Salt Lake City, Ut. Temps were in the 20's F. but minimal wind. We did enjoy the South Steps so we did have some sunlight. I arrived about 1030hrs, event scheduled to last from noon to 1300hrs. Ended about 1330. ONLY had about 3000 persons in attendance per one local media outlet! Many, including myself were OC'ing handguns, some OC'ing long guns or even shotguns. Only saw about 6-8 State Troopers for a LEO presence. No significant interactions involving LEO's--- simple safety actions shooing some photographers who had climbed over an upper level balcony to a flat area covered with snow and ice overlooking the crowd. I sure like that in UTAH it is fully legal to actually KEEP AND BEAR ARMS in State and local government buildings except for courthouses. We did leave the area cleaner than we found it!

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

I hosted a Gun Appreciation Day breakfast. I had posted about it on Facebook and here. 6 members of our VCDL joined me and 3 people joined us because they did a random search on the Internet and found out about my breakfast. How cool is that?

acmariner99

My dad and I made it to Olympia. Had some lively conversations, but left at about 1:30 cause it was starting to get a little too cold.