• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did you participate in Guns Across America?

Did you attend Guns Across America at your State Capitol?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No.

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eye95

Just trying to satisfy my curiosity as to what percentage of our posters demonstrated in front of their State capitols on the 19th. So, please take the time to answer the poll even if your answer is no. Thanks.

I was at the Ohio Statehouse with about 1000 others.

pfries

I was not able to attend due to family obligations.
I have written and snail mailed my thoughts to all of my representatives. Yes I still like paper and pen.

SFCRetired

Estimate 150 - 200 here in Montgomery. Cool, bright day with a good crowd considering there were at least two competing athletic events. Enjoyed being there, but, unfortunately, my back decided to act up and I had to leave early.

MatieA

I was unable to attend due to prior commitments, but I was asked several questions about my thoughts on it, and Obama's plans because I was carrying (openly) all day where we were at.

carracer

I attended the one in Boise, Idaho. Was part of the coordination of the event. Helped with greeting people as the showed up and making sure everyone was safe. We had over 500 show up for the event. Probably 95% of theme carrying in assorted rigs. Maybe 30% of those with various long guns ranging from 10/22's to AK, AR and HK. Even some bolt action hunting rifles.

I really expected some sort of harrasment of the long gun carriers from the media and turning negative. I am eating CROW at our dinner meeting this thursday. The long gun carriers were just regular folks like us and the media treated everyone with respect.

We had several speakers from various organizations. A good time was had by all!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151678622750550.617207.512440549&type=1

eye95

My son and I, along with a fellow named Steve, parked at my son's apartment and walked the mile and a half to the Statehouse, strong-side to the street, carrying a sign announcing that We, the People, ARE the militia.

Good times, good work done, but cold and windy. BTW, my mug made it into the Columbus Dispatch. *grins*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

CDT COX

Stationed away from my home state and my car doesn't work so I couldn't make it to the capitol here.

djstaehlin

Campaign Veteran
I attended the rally at the Minnesota capitol in St. Paul. I've heard estimates that the crowd was over 500. That was larger than the organizer in Minnesota had expected. Now if even 10% of the 115,000 holders of a Minnesota permit to carry a firearm had attended, that would have been something.

Aknazer

I was unable to attend due to prior engagements, but I did go to a gun show today as my way of showing support. Granted not the same but it was what I could do.

skeith5

I was there for the Washington state rally wearing my silver cougar hoodie. I made it on king 5 and kiro 7 (in the crowd).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

sudden valley gunner

Didn't recognize ya without your carrot! :p

I was there for the Washington state rally wearing my silver cougar hoodie. I made it on king 5 and kiro 7 (in the crowd).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Now I won't call you Skieth anymore....hehe.

I made it on Kiro and King last weekend, we are news mates....:lol:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I did not. I live on the side of the country where it takes an entire day to get to the other side of the state, where my capital is.

I did participate in an open carry walk in downtown Las Vegas on that evening, though. We were filmed by the news (they were incognito) and watched overtly by a dozen police officers. There were more than twenty of us, mostly paired off and just enjoying the evening and the conversations.

I've not yet heard how many rapes and muggings happened on the other side of downtown from us that lacked the police presence.