Thread: Where is the ammo?

Where is the ammo?

Hey so not sure do you all use a web site already out there to locate ammo that people find? Was thinking wouldn't it be cool to have a thread that where we can post if we find ammo around the metro area? Anyone know of a iphone app that you can use on the go? Or this thread. I am tired of not finding any 556 or 223 and 22 and 9 mm.

I have compiled a fairly long list of ammo suppliers available for download as well as other info at http://tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

I've been using www.ammoseek.com for quite some time now. It always finds me the best ammo and price.

Though, honestly, people really need to stop freaking out about ammo. Most ammo prices are sky high. When all this gun ban crap blows over, which it will, ammo will start to hit shelves in more abundance and prices will drop. Just need to be patient.
    Last edited by Supertrapped; 01-20-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Where is the ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Supertrapped View Post
    I've been using www.ammoseek.com for quite some time now. It always finds me the best ammo and price.

Though, honestly, people really need to stop freaking out about ammo. Most ammo prices are sky high. When all this gun ban crap blows over, which it will, ammo will start to hit shelves in more abundance and prices will drop. Just need to be patient.
    I am just trying to find ammo so I can go have some fun time next weekend. Sick of no fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by donsadlerjr View Post
    I am just trying to find ammo so I can go have some fun time next weekend. Sick of no fun time.
    Maybe you should look into cap and ball. I believe there is still bullets and powder available, unless you don't like to get dirty.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by donsadlerjr View Post
    Most ranges have ammo. They have box limits right now though. And you have to shoot it all there.

Where is the ammo?

Academy in Edmond has some stuff in. I just picked up a box of 5.56 and .45
    The ammo Is at the customer service counter, and there is a one box limit per caliber.
    I think they have 5.56, .45, 30-08
    Did not see any 22 or 9

Where is the ammo?

I have the day off today, so I have been doing a bunch of running around. I went to Kings pawn in Del city they have quite a good stock of ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Supertrapped View Post

i'l try this site, gap rounds are almost non existant here, finally got some trigger time in but limited it to 30 rounds.

Where is the ammo?

Went to Academy at lunch, they have 5.56, .223, 9, 40, 45 and 7.62 (I think)

Where is the ammo?

Sorry, on NW Expressway

Where is the ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Archerman99 View Post
    Went to Academy at lunch, they have 5.56, .223, 9, 40, 45 and 7.62 (I think)
    Thanks archerman.

I did go back to that same Academy, on 63rd & Expressway, today, and about they only thing they had left was .45

I work just down the street from them and will keep checking back

Don - you're welcome
    Last edited by Archerman99; 01-23-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Don't know the difference b/w your and you're

Where is the ammo?

Wal mart on memorial and penn got a nice stock of .223 and 9mm in this morning. She was still stocking the selves this morning when I was there. Picked up my allotted 3 boxes of .223 and open carried. No issue

While I am not a big fan of only getting 3 boxes I dont shoot too often right now so my stockpile is growing. I spoke to a fellow member of Oklahoma Open Carry Association who playfully (And he seriously was joking guys) but playfully accused me of hording all the Ammo in Tulsa and in the Noble area.

Just before the fiasco started in December I had just begun to build my stash so I was able to weather it roughly. I was using one place in Tulsa and was happily shopping there dropping tons of money into the ammo can but when they decided to charge 59.99 for a 37.99 box of 40 100 pack I drew the line. Even their blazer (The cheapest on the market) went from being 19.99 a box to 29.99 a box.

I am now playing the ration game. 1 box a day when its in at Academy (There are 2 here) and 3 boxes from walmart when in stock. I now have gotten to where I am comfortable and actually got to shoot the dust out of my AR last weekend. Sad thing is I am hooked again LOL.

Brigadoons Surplus still has ammo of varying calibers. Tinker AFB Base Exchange is out of 9mm. They have some 45 and 22 and 380 left for handguns and rifle ammo is going fast, still have shotgun ammo. Bass Pro has pleanty shotgun ammo the pistol calibers are minimal of whats left, some rifle ammo is still available. Kings Pawn and gun on E. Reno still has a good supply of ammo of all major calibers. This is what I saw as of yesterday. 01-28-2013. How much longer that supply will last is anybodys guess. Good luck and good shooting.

Was at Academy off 63rd and Northeest Expressway in OKC today and they had the shelves fully stocked with ammo. I was waiting for someone so went over and checked it out.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal