• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is the ammo?

donsadlerjr

Hey so not sure do you all use a web site already out there to locate ammo that people find? Was thinking wouldn't it be cool to have a thread that where we can post if we find ammo around the metro area? Anyone know of a iphone app that you can use on the go? Or this thread. I am tired of not finding any 556 or 223 and 22 and 9 mm.

Supertrapped

I've been using www.ammoseek.com for quite some time now. It always finds me the best ammo and price.

Though, honestly, people really need to stop freaking out about ammo. Most ammo prices are sky high. When all this gun ban crap blows over, which it will, ammo will start to hit shelves in more abundance and prices will drop. Just need to be patient.

Last edited:

donsadlerjr

I've been using www.ammoseek.com for quite some time now. It always finds me the best ammo and price.

Though, honestly, people really need to stop freaking out about ammo. Most ammo prices are sky high. When all this gun ban crap blows over, which it will, ammo will start to hit shelves in more abundance and prices will drop. Just need to be patient.

I am just trying to find ammo so I can go have some fun time next weekend. Sick of no fun time.

Archerman99

Academy in Edmond has some stuff in. I just picked up a box of 5.56 and .45
The ammo Is at the customer service counter, and there is a one box limit per caliber.
I think they have 5.56, .45, 30-08
Did not see any 22 or 9

Archerman99

I have the day off today, so I have been doing a bunch of running around. I went to Kings pawn in Del city they have quite a good stock of ammo

metz

i'l try this site, gap rounds are almost non existant here, finally got some trigger time in but limited it to 30 rounds.

Archerman99

I did go back to that same Academy, on 63rd & Expressway, today, and about they only thing they had left was .45

I work just down the street from them and will keep checking back

Don - you're welcome

Last edited:

Archerman99

Wal mart on memorial and penn got a nice stock of .223 and 9mm in this morning. She was still stocking the selves this morning when I was there. Picked up my allotted 3 boxes of .223 and open carried. No issue

Glock 1st fan

While I am not a big fan of only getting 3 boxes I dont shoot too often right now so my stockpile is growing. I spoke to a fellow member of Oklahoma Open Carry Association who playfully (And he seriously was joking guys) but playfully accused me of hording all the Ammo in Tulsa and in the Noble area.

Just before the fiasco started in December I had just begun to build my stash so I was able to weather it roughly. I was using one place in Tulsa and was happily shopping there dropping tons of money into the ammo can but when they decided to charge 59.99 for a 37.99 box of 40 100 pack I drew the line. Even their blazer (The cheapest on the market) went from being 19.99 a box to 29.99 a box.

I am now playing the ration game. 1 box a day when its in at Academy (There are 2 here) and 3 boxes from walmart when in stock. I now have gotten to where I am comfortable and actually got to shoot the dust out of my AR last weekend. Sad thing is I am hooked again LOL.

gprod55

Brigadoons Surplus still has ammo of varying calibers. Tinker AFB Base Exchange is out of 9mm. They have some 45 and 22 and 380 left for handguns and rifle ammo is going fast, still have shotgun ammo. Bass Pro has pleanty shotgun ammo the pistol calibers are minimal of whats left, some rifle ammo is still available. Kings Pawn and gun on E. Reno still has a good supply of ammo of all major calibers. This is what I saw as of yesterday. 01-28-2013. How much longer that supply will last is anybodys guess. Good luck and good shooting.