• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forget the guns, learn to meditate, set things on fire with your mind.

Tolerance

Very cool, I used to meditate religiously until a few years back and have started again on and off. I always felt that is helped me focus on things more and be able to use something other than my words to convey my current feelings. Glad to see something showing that people still don't have it all figured out here at home (On Earth) :)

Quick Draw

Well... That site led me to many others that eventually landed me on a very weird part of the Internet. And now I have lost an hour of daylight. Damn it.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If meditation can't turn lead into gold what use is it? I can call up the space aliens to deal with my enemies any time I want to - they owe me big time for that thing where I saved their galaxy.

And all that hoopla about "achieving" perfection? How can I get any more perfecter and awesomer that I already am?

Oh, about the flouride? It's the only thing that counteracts the saltpetre. I'm just saying. It's your choice to make.

stay safe.

Freedom1Man

If meditation can't turn lead into gold what use is it? I can call up the space aliens to deal with my enemies any time I want to - they owe me big time for that thing where I saved their galaxy.

And all that hoopla about "achieving" perfection? How can I get any more perfecter and awesomer that I already am?

Oh, about the fluoride? It's the only thing that counteracts the saltpeter. I'm just saying. It's your choice to make.

stay safe.

Why would you want to eat either of them? Potassium nitrate or fluoride, that is.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Why would you want to eat either of them? Potassium nitrate or fluoride, that is.

Darned youngsters who never heard the stories.

Government puts certain chemicals in the food, water and/or air to control us. Sometimes one chemical counter-acts another. Sometimes counter-acting the other chemical is a greater good than the control imposed.

Now get off my lawn!

stay safe.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Well, I think the old man in the video is on the right track. Too bad he'd been inculcated by his teacher to maintain a certain level of mystery. If the potential abilities are valuable, and as he stated during the second visit, possessed by everyone, there is no point in keeping it secret/mysterious. Perhaps the mystery requirement stems from a desire for attention or admiration. Perhaps the mystery requirement stems from not wanting it discovered that the ancient masters didn't fully understand everything about it themselves. Perhaps the mystery requirement stems from a desire to limit the number of service providers and maintain a certain status quo in the market place ala guilds and unions.

But, I don't think we'll have to worry too much about the people who put up the website. They come right out and say the ability stems from the pineal gland. They're stuck on the energy being sourced from the body. Which makes no sense at all. Take, for example, the old man's ability to set paper alight by holding his hand just over the paper and doing something psychic. If he did it by generating electricity or heat within his body, he woulda burned the crap out of his hand while transferring it to the paper.

I suppose the people who put up the website will achieve and maintain a certain level of workability; but I think they won't progress beyond a certain point. The old man himself was cited as saying each person was capable of tremendous psychic activities--but you can't create, concentrate, and direct but so much energy from the body without burning, boiling, or killing that body. So, I'll tend for the moment to place my bets on the old man.

sharkey

It's all true. I saw it on the internet!

[video=youtube;fYxCrugJj_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxCrugJj_o[/video]

LOL

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
[video=youtube;fYxCrugJj_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxCrugJj_o[/video]

LOL

I've been that constipated before.

"My name is J'Anal" - boy did he get that right!

Now, can I have my 5:29 back, please?

stay safe.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I can understand not diving in and accepting something like this.

But, to completely reject it out of hand seems just as much a logic failure to me as unquestioning acceptance.

Of all people, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Bhuddists, Hindus, and Shintoists should be the first to wonder about whether there might be some truth behind the old man in the video at the first link.

Last edited:

Tawnos

I can understand not diving in and accepting something like this.

But, to completely reject it out of hand seems just as much a logic failure to me as unquestioning acceptance.

Of all people, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Bhuddists, Hindus, and Shintoists should be the first to wonder about whether there might be some truth behind the old man in the video at the first link.

I've seen too many illusions (a trick is something a who-re does for money, Michael!) to take anything like that at sight and not under controlled lab conditions.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I've seen too many illusions (a trick is something a who-re does for money, Michael!) to take anything like that at sight and not under controlled lab conditions.

Yes, I understand.

You are essentially setting the same standard for acceptance that I would, or nearly so.

My comment was aimed at folks who actively reject.

You see, there is a third option between reject and accept. That is to withhold judgement, and perhaps to just wonder about it. This might even come in varying degrees. For example:

I don't know; I've never observed something like that, and I suspect its not true.
I don't know; I've never observed something like that, but I'll keep my eyes open for personal observations that tend to support it.
I don't know; I've never observed something like that, but it makes sense based on things I have observed; I'll keep my eyes open.
I don't know; I've have observed other things that would tend to make that plausible.
......................................................................align with that very well.
Oh, that. Yeah, seen something similar before, although not exactly the same, but close enough that I have no real reason to doubt it. I call it probable.

There's probably a few dozen degrees of certainty/uncertainty in the rising scale. Those above are just the one's that occurred to me on the fly.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

If you (the reader, not just Tawnos) are religous, its too easy for the old man in the video to be plausible.

All the major religions differ on doctrine and so forth. But, one thing they all have in common is that man is a soul or spirit inhabiting a body.

This suggests a question directly on point with the old man's abilities: how does the soul/spirit control the body?

Think about it for just a second. If the soul/spirit is not the body, then it necessarily controls the body somehow. How? Somehow it must impinge on and cause the body to move--its arms, legs, etc. How? How exactly does that work? The body is a physical universe object. A complex object to be sure, but an object nonetheless. So, how does this thing called the soul/spirit affect the body to the point the arms and legs and so forth actually move?

Send a signal on the nerves? OK. But, the nervous system is a physical universe system. How does the soul/spirit transmit a signal from within himself to the nerves?

Three options. Thought alone. Creates and directs energy at the nervous system. Traction--a pulling instead of a pushing, like magnetism.

Of the options, thought alone certainly makes the old man's alleged abilities plausible. If he can control his own body (makes its arms and legs move) by thought alone, I see no reason he couldn't cause another body to move. Its just a matter of distance. He, as a soul or spirit, would be in closer proximity to his own body than his patient, but he's within touching distance of his patience. So, the difference in distance between his own body and his patient is pretty small.

Creates and directs energy. Certainly makes the old man's alleged abilities plausible. If he can affect his own nerves by creating electricity from within himself as a soul/spirit, I see no reason why he might not also be able to create other forms of energy--for example heat. This, by the way, completely upsets the laws of conservation of energy.

Traction. If he, as a soul or spirit, can create an effect similar to magnetism in order to cause his own arms and legs to move, it seems entirely plausible that he can either also create other effects, or has the potential ability to create other effects, such as creating energy from scratch.

He may be unusual compared to the average person; but, if a person is religious and believes in the soul/spirit, the old man's abilities are definitely plausible. No reason at all for a religious person to reject them out of hand.