• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was there !

Colcat

Just wanting to connect with people that was at the Guns Across America rally on 1-19-2013 met a lot of great folks

Liberty4Ever

I was there. I didn't circulate a lot, but I didn't see any familiar OCDO faces.

There is another rally scheduled for February 8th. It was mentioned at the rally on January 19th, and I've heard a bit about it via email since then, but I don't Facebook so I don't know if it's being promoted widely. Anybody going to that?

BTW - Here's an excerpt of my email to friends about last weekend's pro 2A rally.

I spoke at the 2010 gun rights rally behind the Capitol Building which had about the same attendance. Permits were obtained requiring 12 porta potties to be rented and overtime paid for a lot of state police.

This rally had a different feel. No permit, no porta potties, and the state picked up the tab for the few KSP officers milling around. This time, a bunch of armed people showed up to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

It was the difference between asking and telling.

Sheriff Denny Peyman from Jackson County Kentucky has said that he's looked into the eyes of his constituents and they've had enough, and they aren't in the mood to take any more gun bans or other infringements. That resolve was evident in Frankfort last Saturday.

Here's some video from the event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYYtS3b755A

Liberty4Ever

Hope we had alot of people Open Carrying at the time.

Almost everyone was openly carrying firearms. That was, after all, the object. Lot's of ARs and AKs, apparently making the point that citizens own these weapons and should own these weapons. There is nothing sinister about this at all. I saw one black powder rifle with a sign that identified it as an 18th century assault weapon.

I saw lots of good signs. I have a graphic in mind for my protest sign for the next rally, which is apparently on February 8th.

DrakeZ07

Friday, February 8th, 2013 @ 5pm through 6:15pm EST at Triangle park [400 West Main ST, Lexington, KY]

Those are what a friend, and fellow OC advocate posted on Facebook about a 2nd Amendment Rally, I think it's the same, or clone of what you guys who spoke of one in Feb.

I'll be attendance this time around, and with a 'friend', who because of his living conditions, will be borrowing my Revolver to OC with [All legal and ****, even ran a background to confirm no felonies despite knowing him for a year].

davidmcbeth

Banned
Almost everyone was openly carrying firearms. That was, after all, the object. Lot's of ARs and AKs, apparently making the point that citizens own these weapons and should own these weapons. There is nothing sinister about this at all. I saw one black powder rifle with a sign that identified it as an 18th century assault weapon.

NO! You are riling up the antis ... hahaha Just kidding .. your fine.

Some people on this forum may think you are not helping the cause but I disagree (unless you went and shot some folks ...and even then).

Liberty4Ever

I'm going, and so is a friend. It's probably going to be cold! I'm bringing gloves and a thermos of hot chocolate. We were at the last two, and the one in Lexington last Friday evening.

There's also a pro-2A rally at the Knob Creek Range, Saturday, 23FEB13. It's being billed as the Louisville Day Of resistance. That remote location seems a lot like preaching to the choir, to me, but I think just about any 2A activism is good.

https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleDayofResistance

Nomad08

I went to the the first one but couldn't make it to the 2nd one.I'll be there tomorrow and not a bad ideal on the Thermos.

I've seen a lot of rallies post on facebook but most aren't well organized and all over the place.Thats what happened to the one on Feb 8th the Nationwide 2nd amendment peaceful demonstration group and the one for tomorrow Gun Rights Across America group. A lot of people thought it was the same rally and when they found out it was 2 different rallies a lot of people backed out because it was so unorganized.

Liberty4Ever

I'm surprised there has been so little activity on the Kentucky forum at OCDO for these various open carry events. I'd think people here would be all over these, even with the grabastic disorganization.

I hope to see some of you guys on the steps of the Capitol Building. I'll be there around noon. I'll be the guy with the Schindler's List sign if you'd like to say howdy.

Liberty4Ever

I'll be there, too. As usually, I'll be wearing a "NRA Life Member" cap. I'll be glad to see any of you.
Who looks at caps? What are you carrying, so I'll know who you are? :)

Actually, I think I can pick you out, regardless of any caps or firearms.

See you there!

PS - I'll be wearing the "got ammo?" cap. Heh heh heh.

Last edited:

Orion_13

I would love to go but I have a CCDW class Saturday. Please represent for me! I would be open carrying!

Keep me in your thoughts about 8:30 am cst as I will be wishing I was other places at some point during the videos. ;)

Orion

Liberty4Ever

I'll be the one with the BMW cap again and the Ruger SR9. Looking forward to seeing every again!

Good seeing you again. Same to gutshot!

It seems like the numbers are dwindling. The first one had about 400 people and was organized in about two days. This time, there was more organization but about 80 people or so.

Next time, let's have nice weather and let's eat somewhere afterward. It seems like it's easier to convince people to attend when there's food.

CharleyCherokee

It's the price of gas, man. It costs about 50 bucks to make these long distance drives! :D Maybe next year when I'm not having to fight the system and I have paid days off to spare I can socialize with some of you older folk. We need some "new" blood fighting these fights.

Liberty4Ever

It's the price of gas, man. It costs about 50 bucks to make these long distance drives! :D Maybe next year when I'm not having to fight the system and I have paid days off to spare I can socialize with some of you older folk. We need some "new" blood fighting these fights.

At this Saturday's rally on the Capitol steps, one of my contemporaries (aka "old") was complaining about the price of gas. Tough on old folks too!

A friend and I car pooled to the last two. Of course, he dragged me to a couple of Frankfort gun stores afterwards (like I wasn't willing) and I spent all I saved on gas this time, and then some. Got 20 rounds of fancy new factory break-in ammo for the .308 I was carrying at the rally, and a new DeSantis pocket holster for my Kahr PM9 with the Crimson Trace laser.

Last edited:

Nomad08

Well I mad it to Richmond yesterday and my son got sick,so we had to turn around and head back home.