• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomberg on CNN

EMNofSeattle

[video]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2013/01/19/ac-bloomberg-guns-theres-a-limit.cnn[/video]

go to 1:45

I learned that the M-1 Abrams shoots nuclear bombs today from bloomberg!

Tolerance

How about the part where he talks about no one being able to predict what sorts of news/things will effect people's emotions. That IF WE HAD THAT ABILITY people would be making a killing off of it.

We do know how to do that, News stations and Advertisers make LIVINGS off of it! But here he is LYING to the American people saying they don't have that capability.

Either he is a very sheltered man, or he wants to reinforce that idea in people...

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I learned that the M-1 Abrams shoots nuclear bombs today from bloomberg!

I believe what mayor loonburg is referring to is the .50 M2 flex on the turret. It does have the capability of firing a depleted uranium round. Amazing how many people listen to a man that has absolutely no inkling as to the subejct he tries to malign.

M1 Abrams armament
The main armament is the 120mm M256 smoothbore gun, developed by Rheinmetall Waffe Munition GmbH of Germany. The 120mm gun fires the following ammunition - M865 TPCSDS-T and M831 TP-T training rounds, the M8300 HEAT-MP-T and the M829 APFSDS-T which includes a depleted uranium penetrator. Textron Systems provides the Cadillac Gage gun turret drive stabilisation system.
The commander has a 12.7mm Browning M2 machine gun and the loader has a 7.62mm M240 machine gun. A 7.62mm M240 machine gun is also mounted coaxially on the right hand side of the main armament.

Last edited:

carolina guy

I would like to see the guy that can carry a rifle that looks like the "cannon on the front of a tank" ... :banghead:

The sad thing is that there are so many "low information types" to which his babbling make sense.