Thread: Bat's New Revolver ! :)

Bat's New Revolver ! :)

Well, i picked up this little stainless steel .38 special snub nose Rossi today. It is one of the older models, but is in good condition and feels very smooth.
    - Mine has Pachmayr grips on it, but I ordered some original grips on e-bay since I like the original old-school look better. Under $300, so I was pleased. Picked up a box of standard pressure hollow points (Not a +P rated pistol), and hope to get it out to the range soon to see where it points. I think it will be my rainy day CC piece, and light OC for lazy days. Seems like a nice little snubby.

Bat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rossi 38.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	9873  
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    Well, i picked up this little stainless steel .38 special snub nose Rossi today. It is one of the older models, but is in good condition and feels very smooth.
    - Mine has Pachmayr grips on it, but I ordered some original grips on e-bay since I like the original old-school look better. Under $300, so I was pleased. Picked up a box of standard pressure hollow points (Not a +P rated pistol), and hope to get it out to the range soon to see where it points. I think it will be my rainy day CC piece, and light OC for lazy days. Seems like a nice little snubby.

Bat
    Nice, it looks like a nice little piece, I want to get a revolver about that size for a deep concealment gun, now you're making me jealous
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Thumbs up

Nice find. I am fond of the .38 snubbies. They are simply handy. Sometimes I have a Barami Hip Grip on mine. These grips make it even more handy.

http://www.baramihipgrip.com/index.html
    Last edited by Seattleite; 01-20-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Bat,
    That is a very nice little snubby. Good find.

I have a little M85 that is my pocket gun. It is always worthwhile to have a little snubby in the collection.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Where'd you find it?
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    Where'd you find it?
    - At the Puyallup Gun Show on Sunday. One of the big center tables close to the bathrooms. The guy is always there with his kid (Who's quite the sales man too -lol). If memory serves me, he is the same guy my wife and I got her Beretta 84fs from a few years ago. Always seems to be reasonable prices.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Where'd you find it?
    Jeff, Your comment is OT

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr
    Jeff, Your comment is OT
    ??????????
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Where'd you find it?
    Jeff, Your comment is OT

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Jeff, Your comment is OT
    LoLz !
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    ~

So, my wife, she has been very fond of our Stainless Ruger 4" GP100.. So fond of it infact that she named it "Leon" (The Professional)... ~Being the wife's favorite, Leon has become our house defense arm.

- When I brought the little stainless Rossi home, she took it from me, checked it out, and enthusiastically said "Thank You!" as she clinged to it...... .....

- She then proceeded to tell me the Rossi would be named "Mathilda"...

- It gave me a good chuckle that she liked it so much. It's always good when the wife aproves of the new gun

* The Pic is from the movie "The Professional" (Leon and Mathilda)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leon and mathilda.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	9897  
    Last edited by Batousaii; 01-22-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added picture
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    ~

Actually, I already knew where you got it because I saw you at the show... Pretty cool to see the lines though huh?
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Actually, I already knew where you got it because I saw you at the show... Pretty cool to see the lines though huh?
    You shoulda got my attention and come say hi.
    - Ya, the lines weren't too bad when i got in the morning on sunday. I hear Saturday had some really insane lines!
    Last edited by Batousaii; 01-22-2013 at 02:17 AM.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    ~

Went to the range yesterday, it was pretty chilly out to say the least, around 30* according to my friends smart phone.
    - The Rossi shot pretty good, very well centered and right where the sights are set to. The picture is my actual gun and the 10 yard target.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rossi Target.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	9905

A fun little gun indeed.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    ~