• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

rifle carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk2k5

Is open rifle carry legal in Tennessee. Everyone sees the you tube videos of douchers open carrying ar's (which i am cool with). I just dont agree with how they react to law enforcement once confronted. There is a time and place to argue with law enforcement but the street is not that place. The cop is always "right" and the other guy is wrong. You have to wait for you time in court to be right.

davidmcbeth

Banned
If not on the street then where?

cop: give me your gun

citizen: no, the 2nd amendment means nothing if you can just ask a law abiding citizen to hand you their gun

cop: oh, you telling me you are refusing?

citizen: yes, I refuse to void the 2nd amendment

cop: oh my ... well, have a good day

pfries

First the carry permit in TN is for Handguns only.

39-17-1307. Unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon. —

(a) (1) A person commits an offense who carries with the intent to go armed a firearm, a knife with a blade length exceeding four inches (4"), or a club.

If you read further

(a) It is a defense to the application of § 39-17-1307 if the possession or carrying was:

(1) Of an unloaded rifle, shotgun or handgun not concealed on or about the person and the ammunition for the weapon was not in the immediate vicinity of the person or weapon;

If you have your HCP you may transport a long gun with magazine loaded and empty chamber

Lastly per forum rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...The cop is always "right" and the other guy is wrong. You have to wait for you time in court to be right.

Cite to authority for that statement, please, preferably before the thread is locked for discussing long gun open carry, which is not the purpose of this website.

PFC HALE

I just dont agree with how they react to law enforcement once confronted. There is a time and place to argue with law enforcement but the street is not that place. The cop is always "right" and the other guy is wrong. You have to wait for you time in court to be right.

seriously? cops are always right? tell that to the two idiot cops under felony warrant for arrest of poaching on the job in boulder.

attitudes like yours will end up resulting with bad confrontations when you presume everyone to be doing something wrong.

people like you dont need a gun backed up by a bully badge.

if i were ever open carrying and was stopped by you and you played the encounter with you always being right, would result in a bad day. given the fact that you are asking for information about open carry anything makes me wonder how many people you have stopped and it go bad when you thought you were right when actually you were wrong.

attitude from someone is a poor excuse to give a citation, and is ethically wrong. we are not obligated to be nice to anyone and to expect it from others when you have an attitude of im right all the time wont get you far chief.

Last edited:

jk2k5

Check out this guy in his other thread of the same question...

See his response to my reply..

He says he is LEO,,,

He is a Troll Dork...

do you have a link i didn't see anything with a quick search. I want to be educated but still live a busy life like anyone else. I do research but am alway looking for wisdom that others know if it will save me hours of searching.

1245A Defender

Double Wowwie!!!!!!!

check out this guy in his other thread of the same question...

See his response to my reply..

He says he is leo,,,

he is a troll dork...

do you have a link i didn't see anything with a quick search. I want to be educated but still live a busy life like anyone else. I do research but am alway looking for wisdom that others know if it will save me hours of searching.

im talking about you!!!!!

PFC HALE

--deleted by Moderator--

you got it backwards there chief, might want to read your first post from a civilian approach.

you are almost getting to the "which came first chicken or egg?" philosophy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.