Thread: possesion of a potentially illegally modified weapon.

possesion of a potentially illegally modified weapon.

I stood my ground gave no info. A recorder is next on my list.
    Apparently possesion of a potentially illegally modified weapon is not grounds for search or detainment.

A what??
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    A what??
    You heard him,a:

potentially illegally modified weapon is not grounds for search or detainment.

Whatever the heck that means ....

"No sir. I'm just really fast with my trigger finger.

No, I will not demonstrate. I'm no longer in the mood and you aren't buying the ammo."

No, I wouldn't actually try that...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

wasnt even shooting.

Just walking, 2 officers drove up. I didnt give them info and refused to answer questions. Asked if i was free to go they said no i asked if im being detained they said yes. I told them i do not concent to search and i would like their superior officer there . I also asked on what suspiction of a crime i was being detained. They beat around the bush a min told me my gun is one which is easily modified to be full auto and that im in possesion of a potentially illegally modified weapon. and we will have to wait "IF" the sergeant wants to come down. I replied ill wait. Officer Weaver came and lectured me as if i was he was my dad. Failed myself and let him suck me into conversation on a couple occations but quickly shut back up. All in all didnt get searched or disarmed and i went on my way. No last name no address no id not much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nny420 View Post
    ...told me my gun is one which is easily modified...
    Any reason why we don't get to know what you were carrying, so we can appreciate the story?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

my firearm

He was referring to my AR. I know this forum isnt so long gun friendly but my legal right to carry weapons was being infringed. He could have easily said a glock is easily modified.

I see your thread as more about privacy rights than long gun advocacy.

Yeah, he's just outted himself as a firearms loser. I would write a letter to his department and ask that they send him back to school.

Banned
    Was this in Lincoln City?

File a written complaint. Might want to request any A/V recordings and documentation the department has on the "incident" prior to filing a complaint.....they'll say, "active investigation" and deny your records request if you file the complaint first.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

no complaint

wont file a complaint this go around but if they continue to harass me i might. Ya it was lincoln city.

Question a/v recording

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    File a written complaint. Might want to request any A/V recordings and documentation the department has on the "incident" prior to filing a complaint.....they'll say, "active investigation" and deny your records request if you file the complaint first.
    How do i get the a/v recording? Do i go to the police station file a request?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    How do i get the a/v recording? Do i go to the police station file a request?
    If you go to their records department they will probably have a form to fill out. If not you can use the FOIA generator for Oregon: http://www.rcfp.org/foia

Please do file a complaint after you are done filing for record requests. Even if you don't care about the outcome, if these same officers are harassing other people then a trail of complaints can be dug up during discovery and help show that the officers are routinely detaining people without cause. Additionally if they continue to detain you in the future, having a paper trail of these detainments can help the FBI investigate their police department for corruption. Police love it when they can do things and not have complaints filed.

wont file a complaint this go around but if they continue to harass me i might. Ya it was lincoln city.
    No complaint now, you start all over the next time.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.