Thread: Florrisant

Florrisant

i just bought me a house in Florrisant, and they restrict OC unless you have a weapons permit.

i have out of state permits with no picture id.

i know i will have to provide my weapons permit if confronted, and that should be all i need to do to satisfy the citys ordinance, but do they have the need/authority to look at my license? i dont think i would be required to show id.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    i just bought me a house in Florrisant, and they restrict OC unless you have a weapons permit.

i have out of state permits with no picture id.

i know i will have to provide my weapons permit if confronted, and that should be all i need to do to satisfy the citys ordinance, but do they have the need/authority to look at my license? i dont think i would be required to show id.
    LEOs need a reasonable act of suspicion to detain you. As has been seen many times, you may be stopped without R.A.S. Up to you whether you want to produce an ID or not, depends how much time you have on your hands. If you want to stand by your rights "Am I under arrest or am I free to go?" Other than that you have the righ to remain silent.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

understand. checking for others opinions. thanks!

I live in Florissant ( well, 10 seconds outside ) and had no issues, yet. Doesn't mean it can't and won't happen. There is this one older female cop if she still works there that is a pain so if you get her, sorry lol.... Always remember if you invoke your right as MS stated. Always be polite about it. We want to have a good repour ( sp?) with the police. If you ever want coffee, let me know
    Last edited by Tony4310; 01-29-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    Atheist and gun carrier!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    I live in Florissant ( well, 10 seconds outside ) and had no issues, yet. Doesn't mean it can't and won't happen. There is this one older female cop if she still works there that is a pain so if you get her, sorry lol.... Always remember if you invoke your right as MS stated. Always be polite about it. We want to have a good repour ( sp?) with the police. If you ever want coffee, let me know
    There is no better way to learn about OC then to get together with others who have OCd for a while and learned the lessons. There are LEOs who do not recognize our right, dealing with them is best done with knowledge of your rights and a good attitude.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Exactly. Keep a copy of the Florissant Ord with you too in your pocket. I lost mine some where.........
    Atheist and gun carrier!

oh i have been ocing for a few years. i already read florrisant city ordinances i had to pick your brains about the ID thing.

ill keep an eye out for old ladies in uniform tony. maybe i can wow her with my good looks and beard.