• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Joint Resolution on the Second Amendment

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I am disappointed that:

1) The resolution was not drafted to address the rights of Virginians under the Virginia Constitution; and

2) The resolution was not drafted to express the sense of the General Assembly to respect and preserve the rights of Virginians under both the Virginia Constitution and The Constitution of the United States of America; and

3) that the resolution was not drafted to express the sense of the General Assembly that Congress must respect and preserve the rights of The People to keep and bear arms as expressed in The Constitution of the United States of America.

Other than, that, it seems to be a fine resolution.

I have sent the [strike]Senator[/strike] Delegate an email regarding these points, with a specific request that the resolution be amended to address the points above.

stay safe.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

I am also disappointed that he specifically mentions sporting, hunting uses of firearms but neglects to state the actual purpose of bearing arms to resist tyranny!

If VA legislatures really would like to help protect us from "infringements" on the 2A from the Federal Government they could nullify the Gun Control acts of 1934, 1968, 1986!!!!!

That would be a good start! :monkey

2a4all

Here's something new (GPO hasn't printed the text yet).

Sen Rand Paul (KY) has introduced S.82, "A bill to provide that any executive action infringing on the Second Amendment has no force or effect, and to prohibit the use of funds for certain purposes."

He doesn't have any co-sponsors (yet). I don't imagine our own Senators would sign on to this.:banghead:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d113:91:./temp/~bdvmQc::

palerider116

No, our two senators would be opposed to such defense of the Constitution. It would be such heresy within the DNC to overturn the Mad King's decree that they would be pariahs.