• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Groupon is apparently an anti-gun business...

Defrock

I had received the same response. I stopped reading my Groupon e-mails, told them I would not buy anything until their policy changed, but did not unsubscribe from the service.

This morning I found an e-mail advertising a Firearm Simulator Session. Perhaps they have resumed firearms related sales.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/hatfields-gunsmithing-inc-1

Anyone want to take the time to send a follow up?

TFred

Me too, TFred. I've been meaning to go by there to get my Ruger 10/22 fixed anyway. Have you ever tried out that simulator, is it any good?

internet troll

This morning I found an e-mail advertising a Firearm Simulator Session. Perhaps they have resumed firearms related sales

TFred

They resumed gun related ads about 2 months ago.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2013/06/28/groupon-responds-to-markets/

So the debate is do you want to reward Groupon for changing their policy thus possibly encouraging other companies to do the same or. ..... punish them for making the policy in the first place and send a message to other companies that you don't mess with the 2nd.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Lovenox

They resumed gun related ads about 2 months ago.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2013/06/28/groupon-responds-to-markets/

So the debate is do you want to reward Groupon for changing their policy thus possibly encouraging other companies to do the same or. ..... punish them for making the policy in the first place and send a message to other companies that you don't mess with the 2nd.

If this is true why the cookie cutter answers to members that wrote to the company?

internet troll

If you look at the dates on the replies about the cookie cutter responses in this thread they go back to January. The change was made in June.

Difdi

Nah

It's hardly resurrected. It's a zombie at most, and most of the people who hang out on these forums are well equipped to deal with those. :D