• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day 2013

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Estimates are between 750 and 1000 people.

This the group starting to gather!

Last edited by a moderator:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Lobby Day

Estimates are between 750 and 1000 people.

This the group starting to gather!

aglobby_zps8ffceb67.jpg

MamabearCali

Had a great time! Most people were polite and very encouraging.

Had an interesting experience in Delegate Spruills office. Either him or his legislative assistant (and I think it was him--but I don't know him well enough to be 100% certain) covered his ears when he heard things he did not like and several times said "I don't care about the constitution". I don't know if it is legal to have covert videography, but it would have been nice for his constituents to hear that he does not care about the constitution.

This was in response to a conversation about firearms education. After hearing him blather on for a while about the difficulties of firearm education, my husband pointed to my five and seven year old and said that they know about safe firearm handling (and they do, appropriate knowledge for their age), he then covered his ears. When a person objected to the idea that one would have to take a class to own a gun because that is not constitutional, he said he did not care about the constitution.

I do not expect delegates to act worse than toddlers. I do not permit my toddler to cover his ears when he hears things he does not like. :banghead:

Even with that it was a great experience. Looking forward to our next action.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm still transferring video over but I wanted to thank the BOD for the most successful lobby day in many years.
Thanks to the EM's that did a lions share of the work also.

There were some problems with the C Police as usual, but nothing major.

Even without he Bell tower it was a slam dunk day and there is no way the Legislators could miss it.

There was a solid wave of GSL stickers everywhere you looked.

DJEEPER

Had an interesting experience in Delegate Spruills office. Either him or his legislative assistant (and I think it was him--but I don't know him well enough to be 100% certain) covered his ears when he heard things he did not like and several times said "I don't care about the constitution". I don't know if it is legal to have covert videography, but it would have been nice for his constituents to hear that he does not care about the constitution.

I must see this video. Wow....

Bowesmobile

I had a great time and am looking forward to next year. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I had a pretty easy line-up with the delegates. All except for Senator Puckett, I believe it was. He just couldn't wrap his mind around teachers carrying pistols into schools. We in the group all articulated our points very well in my opinion. But he said we could "agree to disagree". He did one other thing that annoys the crap out of me. He started his little anti speech with "I'm a member of the NRA and I own guns". As soon as someone starts with that crap, something anti 2a always follows.

les_aker

I'm still transferring video over but I wanted to thank the BOD for the most successful lobby day in many years.
Thanks to the EM's that did a lions share of the work also.

There were some problems with the C Police as usual, but nothing major.

Even without he Bell tower it was a slam dunk day and there is no way the Legislators could miss it.

There was a solid wave of GSL stickers everywhere you looked.

Interesting thing when I entered the building. The officer checked my ID/CHP, and then proceed to wand me with the wand turned off. It never made a sound as it moved over my gun, ammo, voice recorder, or anything else. It was obvious what he was doing, and I thanked him for it. He didn't want to be wanding people who had a CHP and weren't a problem.

nuc65

Activist Member
I had a great time and am looking forward to next year. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I had a pretty easy line-up with the delegates. All except for Senator Puckett, I believe it was. He just couldn't wrap his mind around teachers carrying pistols into schools. We in the group all articulated our points very well in my opinion. But he said we could "agree to disagree". He did one other thing that annoys the crap out of me. He started his little anti speech with "I'm a member of the NRA and I own guns". As soon as someone starts with that crap, something anti 2a always follows.

I recently had someone say this to me and so I said pardon me, but please show me your membership card. There was an amazing amount of hmming and hawing and finally an admission to not really being a member of the NRA.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I recently had someone say this to me and so I said pardon me, but please show me your membership card. There was an amazing amount of hmming and hawing and finally an admission to not really being a member of the NRA.

Now that is funny! - Will have to remember that response.

crazydude6030

Re: Lobby Day

I took a coworkers down. Looks like this will be a standard event for us now. Maybe next year I will have a holster for my smith 629 :)

I had it out with my rep who wants people in courts. I think it was clear what I thought of him.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Does anyone know where Paul (skidmark) was today? I was expecting to see him, but I did not. :(

Skid was just inside the main entrance check point.......watchin' the watchers watch us and handing out GSL stickers to anyone who made it that far w/o one. If you came in the CHP entrance, he was just around the corner to the right, hiding in plain sight.