Thread: How Far Should We Trust the Pro-Constitution Sheriffs?

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA

How Far Should We Trust the Pro-Constitution Sheriffs?

This is in regards to the sheriffs who recently signed letters saying they will not enforce certain new federal anti-gun legislation.

A lot of them sound rather patriotic. Until you look a little deeper at what other things some of them have been up to.

Commentator Will Grigg fills in more of the picture for us:

"I will not enforce an unconstitutional law against any citizen of Smith County," insisted Sheriff Larry Smith. The sheriff wants his constituents to believe that he would refuse to participate in a federally mandated gun grab, or permit one to be carried out by federal officials within his jurisdiction. Yet ten days before Smith offered that assurance, his office had taken part in an early-morning SWAT rampage throughout East Texas in which 73 warrants were served as part of the federal government’s patently unconstitutional war on drugs..."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    Read that article. I am feeling the same way as Griggs about the matter.

Our local sheriff always claims to be constitutional, yet even though legal in our state he voluntarily hands over documents about a legal medical grow op to the feds. Then the feds decide to target one guy in that paper work who were not the growers.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)