• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Far Should We Trust the Pro-Constitution Sheriffs?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
This is in regards to the sheriffs who recently signed letters saying they will not enforce certain new federal anti-gun legislation.

A lot of them sound rather patriotic. Until you look a little deeper at what other things some of them have been up to.

Commentator Will Grigg fills in more of the picture for us:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"I will not enforce an unconstitutional law against any citizen of Smith County," insisted Sheriff Larry Smith. The sheriff wants his constituents to believe that he would refuse to participate in a federally mandated gun grab, or permit one to be carried out by federal officials within his jurisdiction. Yet ten days before Smith offered that assurance, his office had taken part in an early-morning SWAT rampage throughout East Texas in which 73 warrants were served as part of the federal government’s patently unconstitutional war on drugs..."

http://lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w305.html
[/FONT]

sudden valley gunner

Read that article. I am feeling the same way as Griggs about the matter.

Our local sheriff always claims to be constitutional, yet even though legal in our state he voluntarily hands over documents about a legal medical grow op to the feds. Then the feds decide to target one guy in that paper work who were not the growers. :banghead: