• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Previous pro and con agruments about mag ban - SB 1094 of 2011

davidmcbeth

Banned
Go to the committee hearings or you can also file a written statement .. contact your state legislators for this .. they'll usually act to insure your information gets into the record...

If they have 10,000 statements against, I doubt that they would proceed...remember, a 10 rd limit was defeated recently (last session or session before?)

Last time was MAR 2011 , SB No. 1094

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/CommD...&doc_year=2011

For comments (hopefully link is OK otherwise, go to http://www.cga.ct.gov/
search for 2011 bill 1094 and click bottom header for "testimony"

You can read what both pro and con folks wrote to the committee

I've posted this before but its important enough to start its own thread ...

davidmcbeth

Banned
I liked the cop group argument -- 10 rounds is enough for YOU lowly citizens ..

Many cops did personally write in opposition to the ban

And I can recall when the army compared the 1911 v. 92 handgun examination that the tipping point was the extra rounds allowed for better mission survivability. There were no facts supporting the ban back then and there are still no facts supporting the ban. Only facts supporting more ammo and an increase in survivability ...

Its a no brainer. More ammo in mag = better able to defend yourself.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would suggest that CCDL lose the sentence about the guy getting tackled when trying to reload -- its a point that favors the bill ... IMO