Thread: Idiot girl on cops....

Idiot girl on cops....

So I was watching COPS re-runs, and I saw a clip from Brevard County in Florida. so I'm going to see if I can find the video to link here but here's the description.

teenage girl pulled over for speeding by Deputy, the Deputy asks where she's going, she gives out a destination that apparently is out of the way from where she is, after he grills her on that he asks for her license, so he looks at her license and then gives her a warning for speed. pretty normal stop at this point...

now I want you to get yourselves ready, take a moment, drink a can of coke, and get something to eat, and make some popcorn for the next part

The Deputy tells her that she is free to leave at that moment and doesn't need to do anything further, she can go, he asks her "but can I search your car"?

She says.....

Yes...

he finds a thing of crack, she goes to jail on felony charges all while crying some type of babbling incomprehensible stuff about how some friend left it there....

moral of the story.... if you're told you're free to go... GO! but i know i'm preaching to the choir here, i'll try to find a video of it, but it'll be a needle in a haystack search
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

people convict themselves all the time.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    people convict themselves all the time.
    I know, I just haven't quite seen one like that, someone is told they're free to go, they know they have contraband, and then consent to a search.

I mean I've seen the videos in which someone who doesn't know their rights consents, i've seen one in which the officer has a clever double talk that talks someone into consent, never have I seen "you have the right to leave, now can i search" and someone allows the search knowing they would go to jail for it. I mean that's just the next level of wierd.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I know, I just haven't quite seen one like that, someone is told they're free to go, they know they have contraband, and then consent to a search.

I mean I've seen the videos in which someone who doesn't know their rights consents, i've seen one in which the officer has a clever double talk that talks someone into consent, never have I seen "you have the right to leave, now can i search" and someone allows the search knowing they would go to jail for it. I mean that's just the next level of wierd.
    There are court cases that discuss the ability of people to exert their will while also being intimidated by the mere presence of the cop--the representative of the all-powerful state and all that. From what I've read, the courts are willing to avoid giving but so much credit to the effect the mere investigative presence of a cop has on people. The courts basically support the state and the cops. At least to a certain extent, they do.

In fact, the whole reason the cop waits until after he tells the person he/she is free to go is because of the case law to this point. I don't think the case law actually says the cop has to wait; I think the cops are trying to pre-empt a later claim that the consent wasn't voluntary because the cop was intimidating or what have you.

I and at least one other forum member regularly follow a legal blog: www.fourthamendment.com I've seen this aspect of Fourth Amendment law discussed a number of times in case excerpts posted on this blog.

You could try googling "court case police voluntary consent" to find out more.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-21-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    I guess crack makes you stupid .. go figure

Without stupid people like her, do you think that the show would really sell?

Come on would you watch it if was not mostly stupid people on it?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    So I was watching COPS re-runs, and I saw a clip from Brevard County in Florida.

The Deputy tells her that she is free to leave at that moment and doesn't need to do anything further, she can go, he asks her "but can I search your car"?

She says.....

Yes...
    I live in Brevard County and have shopped at the Target store in Merritt Island where the stop occurred. I brought all my kids together and replayed that segment of the show. I explained the moment an officer returns your drivers license (and ticket if issued) the stop is over. They should say nothing further and LEAVE!
    I also pointed out that not hanging out with druggies, not being seen leaving known drug houses and not possessing drugs would also help.

We can also use the same knowledge when dealing with LEOs that may object to our exercising 2A rights. Be polite (regardless of their attitude), say as little as possible and leave as soon as possible. Exactly how that works out will vary by situation. It has taken me many years of reading to educate myself on the rights and responsibilities I have interacting with LEOs. Hopefully I have given my kids a head start.
    Last edited by spacecoast321; 01-22-2013 at 02:44 AM.

...wouldn't be the first time a 'reality' show, staged something.

Quote Originally Posted by Suckerspawn View Post
    ...wouldn't be the first time a 'reality' show, staged something.
    I don't think they would have to stage that if you ever were in law enforcement you would see people doing stuip things like that all the time.

It is amazing how many times people with illegal items in their vehicle give permission to search.

LEOs are trained to get permission and there are some that are very good at it.

A simple no thank you or no you can not search and leaveing works well.

The longer you talk with them the more likely they will convince you that a search is in your best interist.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F752F6D9763026141BF65AFBEB2710_h316_w628_m5_cXIGCwzYg.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	9896
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I don't think they would have to stage that if you ever were in law enforcement you would see people doing stuip things like that all the time.

It is amazing how many times people with illegal items in their vehicle give permission to search.

LEOs are trained to get permission and there are some that are very good at it.

A simple no thank you or no you can not search and leaveing works well.

The longer you talk with them the more likely they will convince you that a search is in your best interist.
    Cops are just as guilty.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    I just paraphrase many state supreme court opinions on this matter and say:

"what, you gonna find any more evidence of me speeding in my glove box? Move along."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I just paraphrase many state supreme court opinions on this matter and say:

"what, you gonna find any more evidence of me speeding in my glove box? Move along."

Or, "The 'droids you are looking for are not in the glove box."

(No, don't say any of that. Just say something polite and be on your way.)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Or, "The 'droids you are looking for are not in the glove box."

(No, don't say any of that. Just say something polite and be on your way.)
    Beep beep beep .... polite? Never tried this method ... lol --its comedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2zxM7jL7s
    the method I recommend lol
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-22-2013 at 04:26 PM.

"Sir, I have too much respect for the law to allow an unlawful search..."
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

More effective then Jedi Mind tricks...

NRA Member