Thread: WAC Gun Show

WAC Gun Show

I went to the WAC gun show on Saturday 1/19/13.
    Where you get off of the 512 to S Meridan. I was on the shoulder about 1/2 mile from the exit about 8:15am
    Took about 20min to get to the exit and about another 10 to get parked.

As I am walking up to the blue gate there is a line that ran from the ticket booth all the way north and about around the corner from people buying a ticket to get in. Once in there was another big line from people buying membership so they could purchase.
    Over hearing people talk sounds like from time to get in and have a membership was about 3-4hrs.
    I’m so glad I was already a member.

It was packed.

Prices was jacked up a bit as well.
    Lots of AR’s but they was doubled in price.
    My friend wanted a Blackout 300 upper.
    In Dec it was $600 and now $1100.
    Complete lowers was from $750 to $900.

Over all was fun to look around. I was not sure what I wanted, so did buy a little ammo.
    Last edited by Raffie; 01-21-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Why were you at the WAC show, and not at the 2A Rally? You could have waited in line, and spent way too much on Sunday.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Why were you at the WAC show, and not at the 2A Rally? You could have waited in line, and spent way too much on Sunday.
    +1

Your going to 'try' and grind on me for what again?

I was just mentioning a gun show is all.

If I am not living up to your expectations you should not reply to my thread since you don't know me ok?

ďWAC Gun Show ď
    The wife and I tried to go to the show. We got there about 9:30 looked at the line and made a u turn. I am not a member yet but was going to join. We donít need anything worth 4 hour wait though. Raffie sorry we did not meat up but we were on the out side and not going in. I hope I donít get in trouble for spending the day with a 93 year old WWII vet that happens to be my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by HotLead View Post
    ďWAC Gun Show ď
    The wife and I tried to go to the show. We got there about 9:30 looked at the line and made a u turn. I am not a member yet but was going to join. We donít need anything worth 4 hour wait though. Raffie sorry we did not meat up but we were on the out side and not going in. I hope I donít get in trouble for spending the day with a 93 year old WWII vet that happens to be my dad.
    If your a member you can walk right in.

Best thing to do is go to the next WAC show.
    http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/shows.shtml

Best to go to the smaller one at Monroe. Feb 16th & 17th. If anything get your membership there.
    The following weekend will be the big one and having your membership will save you mass time since you can walk right in and if you need to buy you can.

Other impressions I got at the show was:
    From various vendors I was talking with they are feeling this is a bubble and will burst very soon.
    Many are getting the feeling the gooberment is in on it and raking in the $$$$$.
    Aside from the over all price gouging on most weapons I was hearing how hard it is for companies to get brass for reloads. They said getting brass from Ft Lewis is gone for some reason. Brass is at $6 a pound compared to few months ago at about $2.85 a pound. There is a brass shortage for all the basic rounds and not just certain ones.

I got a brass catcher and a friend who will give me a good deal for reloads.

So just more info for whoever is interested on the this.

thanks

Re: WAC Gun Show

Good for you participating in a 2A related event. Not everyone wants, or can make a rally.

Sent by Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Raffie View Post
    Your going to 'try' and grind on me for what again?

I was just mentioning a gun show is all.

If I am not living up to your expectations you should not reply to my thread since you don't know me ok?
    Sorry, was't trying to "grind" on anybody. Just a little ribbing. Don't get so serious.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Sorry, was't trying to "grind" on anybody. Just a little ribbing. Don't get so serious.
    Oh, ok.... with text its hard to understand the tone of voice in which is being said.

Its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffie View Post

Prices was jacked up a bit as well.
    Lots of ARís but they was doubled in price.
    And you expected different? Where do you think all those people went after they stripped the shelves at Cabela's and other Dealers? Why the Gun Shows of course, so they could "flip" their purchases for some quick bucks.

Nothing like "panic".

BTW, Gun Show prices have been "High" for years. Now they're just ridiculous.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    And you expected different? Where do you think all those people went after they stripped the shelves at Cabela's and other Dealers? Why the Gun Shows of course, so they could "flip" their purchases for some quick bucks.

Nothing like "panic".

BTW, Gun Show prices have been "High" for years. Now they're just ridiculous.
    I don't know about ridiculous I think it depends on what you are looking for a friend just purchased a Taurus .357 5 shot blued revolver that looks new for $280 and a little Keltec pistol 32 auto I think for @250 with a holster spare mags and some ammo 20 rds or so. I was with him when he made the purchases so I know the prices are real.

I also saw AR rifles for $1200 all the way to $2800, 30 RD magazines for $50 that sold for $15 before. Uppers Started at $700 lowers $500 and up.

I was there on Sunday, wasn't too bad. Prices are kinda funny at gun shows. Commonly the professional tables can be high priced, but there really are some good deals that float around there too. On Sunday i got a nice little .38 snub nose Rossi for under $300, and the guy gave me a really good trade in price for my Grendel. With trade in and cash, i paid a mere $150 for the revolver, not bad for the times. ~ Also, lots of magazines to be had there... yes the prices are high, but they are out there. There was one guy with a box of well used AR mags for 15 bucks each. Just have to look if you want good deals.

My new toy - hopefully will be out shooting it today at the Tacoma Sportsman Club around 10am (ya ya short notice -lol).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rossi 38.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	9898  
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

About the best deal I got was 2 new sks 30rd mags for $20ea.
    The guy had 4 of them. I'm not into hoarding. So hope someone else who needed them got a nice deal.
    He was walking around with a backpack selling them.
    On the tables the same mags (beat up to new looking) was going for $50ea.

$1k at a gun show does not go to far now days. LOL