• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAC Gun Show

Raffie

I went to the WAC gun show on Saturday 1/19/13.
Where you get off of the 512 to S Meridan. I was on the shoulder about 1/2 mile from the exit about 8:15am
Took about 20min to get to the exit and about another 10 to get parked.

As I am walking up to the blue gate there is a line that ran from the ticket booth all the way north and about around the corner from people buying a ticket to get in. Once in there was another big line from people buying membership so they could purchase.
Over hearing people talk sounds like from time to get in and have a membership was about 3-4hrs.
I’m so glad I was already a member.

It was packed.

Prices was jacked up a bit as well.
Lots of AR’s but they was doubled in price.
My friend wanted a Blackout 300 upper.
In Dec it was $600 and now $1100.
Complete lowers was from $750 to $900.

Over all was fun to look around. I was not sure what I wanted, so did buy a little ammo.

Last edited:

Raffie

Your going to 'try' and grind on me for what again?

I was just mentioning a gun show is all.

If I am not living up to your expectations you should not reply to my thread since you don't know me ok?

HotLead

“WAC Gun Show “
The wife and I tried to go to the show. We got there about 9:30 looked at the line and made a u turn. I am not a member yet but was going to join. We don’t need anything worth 4 hour wait though. Raffie sorry we did not meat up but we were on the out side and not going in. I hope I don’t get in trouble for spending the day with a 93 year old WWII vet that happens to be my dad.
:)

Raffie

“WAC Gun Show “
The wife and I tried to go to the show. We got there about 9:30 looked at the line and made a u turn. I am not a member yet but was going to join. We don’t need anything worth 4 hour wait though. Raffie sorry we did not meat up but we were on the out side and not going in. I hope I don’t get in trouble for spending the day with a 93 year old WWII vet that happens to be my dad.
:)

If your a member you can walk right in.

Best thing to do is go to the next WAC show.
http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/shows.shtml

Best to go to the smaller one at Monroe. Feb 16th & 17th. If anything get your membership there.
The following weekend will be the big one and having your membership will save you mass time since you can walk right in and if you need to buy you can.

Other impressions I got at the show was:
From various vendors I was talking with they are feeling this is a bubble and will burst very soon.
Many are getting the feeling the gooberment is in on it and raking in the $$$$$.
Aside from the over all price gouging on most weapons I was hearing how hard it is for companies to get brass for reloads. They said getting brass from Ft Lewis is gone for some reason. Brass is at $6 a pound compared to few months ago at about $2.85 a pound. There is a brass shortage for all the basic rounds and not just certain ones.

I got a brass catcher and a friend who will give me a good deal for reloads.

So just more info for whoever is interested on the this.

Stretch

Good for you participating in a 2A related event. Not everyone wants, or can make a rally.

Sent by Droid

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Your going to 'try' and grind on me for what again?

I was just mentioning a gun show is all.

If I am not living up to your expectations you should not reply to my thread since you don't know me ok?
Sorry, was't trying to "grind" on anybody. Just a little ribbing. Don't get so serious.

amlevin

Prices was jacked up a bit as well.
Lots of AR’s but they was doubled in price.

And you expected different? Where do you think all those people went after they stripped the shelves at Cabela's and other Dealers? Why the Gun Shows of course, so they could "flip" their purchases for some quick bucks.

Nothing like "panic".

BTW, Gun Show prices have been "High" for years. Now they're just ridiculous.

Jeff Hayes

And you expected different? Where do you think all those people went after they stripped the shelves at Cabela's and other Dealers? Why the Gun Shows of course, so they could "flip" their purchases for some quick bucks.

Nothing like "panic".

BTW, Gun Show prices have been "High" for years. Now they're just ridiculous.

I don't know about ridiculous I think it depends on what you are looking for a friend just purchased a Taurus .357 5 shot blued revolver that looks new for $280 and a little Keltec pistol 32 auto I think for @250 with a holster spare mags and some ammo 20 rds or so. I was with him when he made the purchases so I know the prices are real.

I also saw AR rifles for $1200 all the way to $2800, 30 RD magazines for $50 that sold for $15 before. Uppers Started at $700 lowers $500 and up.

Batousaii

I was there on Sunday, wasn't too bad. Prices are kinda funny at gun shows. Commonly the professional tables can be high priced, but there really are some good deals that float around there too. On Sunday i got a nice little .38 snub nose Rossi for under $300, and the guy gave me a really good trade in price for my Grendel. With trade in and cash, i paid a mere $150 for the revolver, not bad for the times. ~ Also, lots of magazines to be had there... yes the prices are high, but they are out there. There was one guy with a box of well used AR mags for 15 bucks each. Just have to look if you want good deals.

My new toy - hopefully will be out shooting it today at the Tacoma Sportsman Club around 10am (ya ya short notice -lol).

Attachments

• Rossi 38.jpg
    Rossi 38.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 185

Raffie

About the best deal I got was 2 new sks 30rd mags for $20ea.
The guy had 4 of them. I'm not into hoarding. So hope someone else who needed them got a nice deal.
He was walking around with a backpack selling them.
On the tables the same mags (beat up to new looking) was going for $50ea.

$1k at a gun show does not go to far now days. LOL