Thread: Moving to MD, can anyone give a quick rundown

Moving to MD, can anyone give a quick rundown

of what I am
    Last edited by RR917; 04-06-2016 at 08:30 AM.

Moving to MD, can anyone give a quick rundown

First question is what kind of work are you moving here for?

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Maryland's Banned (Regulated) Gun List

Does anyone have a link to the most current Maryland Banned (Regulated) Gun List (I may not have the right name for the list)?!? I have been trying to find a list for a friend of mines that lives in MD, but I can't seemed to find it.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

MSP HANGUN ROSTER

http://msp.maryland.gov/Organization...gunRoster.aspx

Assault weapon list attached]

NOTE-IF A LONG GUN IS NOT ON THE LIST IT IS TREATED AS UNREGULATED WHICH MEANS THE FFL RUNS THE NICS CHECK (NOT MSP) AND IF THEY GET A PROCEED YOU CAN TAKE IT WITH YOU.
    Last edited by swinokur; 01-22-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RR917 View Post
    of what I am looking at... I come from a restricted state, CT, which will probably become more restricted over the course of the next few weeks or months, but that is a different story, different fight, different time...

I will be relocating to MD for work, and for the time being will be a permanent resident.

I wont be selling my home here in CT, as such my firearms will remain with my family.

I would like to bring at least one or two firearms to MD for home protection (as i dont hold much hope for a carry permit).

Am i even able to bring with me a firearm into the state which I am planning on living? In CT, if you move here, you may bring your firearms (though you arent able to carry a pistol without a permit) and keep them in your house, without registration or notification, and provided they are not restricted by the AWB here.

I understand there are capacity (10?) restrictions on magazines.

May I bring a shotgun and handgun? .... maybe a compliant black rifle?

Is there any hoops to jump through as far establishing residency?

One a gun a month law sucks... do I need a permit/license to purchase?

You can be assured I wont take anything as solid proof without researching the statutes, but my move is a long ways off and id like to know in general what situation im looking at...

Thank you for the time...
    Technically no registration. Bring your guns. No permit to purchase but you'll need to prove residency to buy.Make sure you travel according to MD statute 4-203 and be engaged in one of the allowed activities. (going between your residences) Mag limit is 20 (for now anyway). IANAL so take this as unofficial.
    Last edited by swinokur; 01-22-2013 at 06:27 PM.

of what I am looking at... I come from a restricted state, CT, which will probably become more restricted over the course of the next few weeks or months, but that is a different story, different fight, different time...

I will be relocating to MD for work, and for the time being will be a permanent resident.

I wont be selling my home here in CT, as such my firearms will remain with my family.

I would like to bring at least one or two firearms to MD for home protection (as i dont hold much hope for a carry permit).

Am i even able to bring with me a firearm into the state which I am planning on living? In CT, if you move here, you may bring your firearms (though you arent able to carry a pistol without a permit) and keep them in your house, without registration or notification, and provided they are not restricted by the AWB here.

I understand there are capacity (10?) restrictions on magazines.

May I bring a shotgun and handgun? .... maybe a compliant black rifle?

Is there any hoops to jump through as far establishing residency?

One a gun a month law sucks... do I need a permit/license to purchase?

You can be assured I wont take anything as solid proof without researching the statutes, but my move is a long ways off and id like to know in general what situation im looking at...

Thank you for the time...
    Where in MD is the new job located? Would living in VA be an option?

MD Working

Two comments.

1. Can you live in Pennsylvania? Might be a good location, if you are working near Baltimore.
    2. Can you take the Metro to work? That means Northern VA is good.

If you have a child in school there, do NOT let him or her eat pastries at snack time!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/05...-gun-dad-says/
    Crazy cant be stopped with gun registration or control. These guys will continue until Americans admit we have a real mental health and crime issue in this country. Go after the gangs full force and keep the crazies off the streets, and leave me and my gun alone.

Frederick Douglass said, ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Thank you for all the replies fellas...
    Last edited by RR917; 04-06-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Absolutely positively NOT

Not even as a courier....Used to work, but not any more..
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Thank you for all the replies fellas...

unfortunately living outside of state is not an option due to benefits of the relocation package offered to me.

What has also been on my mind and would like to know if anyone can shed any light on it...

Would having a government clearance and working with classified information be any qualifier to be issued a permit to carry?

Unless you know a politician really really well, or have deep pockets to get to know one, your chances are likely slim to none.